S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* Paul Teague is assuming the CFO role at InterGen on Nov. 1, replacing Gregory Pratt who left the company Aug. 31. Teague joined the independent power producer in late 2015 as finance director.
* Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. appointed Jean-François Neault as CFO, replacing Jean Perron, effective Nov. 14. Perron will remain CFO until Nov. 13, after which he will become senior vice president of management adviser as part of his plan to gradually prepare for his retirement. Neault will join the company on Oct. 9 as senior vice president of finance to ease the transition.
* The Tennessee Valley Authority promoted Michael Skaggs to COO from executive vice president of operations, effective Oct. 1.
* Highview Power, a developer of energy storage solutions for utilities and distributed power systems, named David Sandalow the chairman of its U.S. subsidiary. Sandalow is a former senior White House, U.S. State Department and U.S. Energy Department official.
* General Electric Co. said H. Lawrence Culp Jr. will succeed John Flannery as chairman and CEO of the company, effective immediately. Culp Jr., who was CEO and president of Danaher Corp. from 2000 to 2014, joined General Electric's board in April and was appointed lead director in June. General Electric appointed Thomas Horton as its new lead director.
Oil and gas utility/midstream
* U.S.-based exploration and production company ConocoPhillips expanded its board of directors from 11 members to 12 members and appointed William McRaven to serve as a board member.
* MPLX LP's general partner MPLX GP LLC named Gregory Goff, the former chairman, president and CEO of Andeavor, as a member of its board of directors, following the closing of Andeavor's merger with MPLX's parent company Marathon Petroleum Corp. Goff also serves as the executive vice chairman of Marathon, which does not entitle him to compensation as a director at MPLX GP. Goff was also the board chairman and CEO of Andeavor Logistics LP prior to the merger.
* Italian drilling and oilfield services company Saipem SpA said Oct. 4 that nonexecutive and non-independent board member Leone Pattofatto resigned, which became effective immediately.
* PTT Exploration and Production PCL announced the resignation of independent director Ampon Kittiampon, chairman of the board's audit committee and nominating committee, effective Oct. 1.
* Saipem SpA appointed Stefano Cavacini as its new CFO, effective Nov. 15. Cavacini replaces Giulio Bozzini, who will step down from the company Oct. 15.
* Romanian exploration and production company S.N.G.N. RomGaz S.A. said that Volintiru Constantin Adrian was appointed as the firm's CEO for a period of four years.
* Southwestern Energy Co. expanded the size of its board to nine directors with the addition of Anne Taylor as a new director. Taylor will also serve on the board's compensation committee. Taylor's term will extend until the annual meeting of stockholders in 2019.
* Shri Arun Kumar Singh was appointed director of marketing on the board of Bharat Petroleum Corp. Ltd., effective Oct. 1.
* Mandy Yang was named vice president and chief accounting officer, corporate treasurer and head of corporate tax of Enphase Energy Inc., which became effective immediately.
* U.S. Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke named Acting Royalty Policy Committee Chairman Scott Angelle the permanent chair of the committee. Angelle previously served as an ex officio nonvoting member of the Royalty Policy Committee and continues his role as director of the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement.