S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* Georgia Power Co. on Sept. 29 named Xia Liu executive vice president, CFO and treasurer of the company, effective Oct. 1. Liu will oversee the company's accounting and financial functions. She most recently served as vice president, CFO and treasurer for Gulf Power Co.
* David Agnew notified Cleco Corporate Holdings LLC and Cleco Power LLC on Sept. 28 of his decision to resign from the boards of managers of the companies, effective the same day.?
* Anadarko Petroleum Corp. made a number of changes to its leadership structure to consolidate responsibilities across the company's operations. The company named Danny Brown as its new executive vice president for U.S. onshore operations. Brown was previously the executive vice president for international and deepwater operations. Mitch Ingram was appointed the executive vice president for international and deepwater operations, replacing Brown, as well as for project management. He was formerly the executive vice president for global LNG. Ernie Leyendecker, who previously served as the executive vice president for international and deepwater exploration, has been named executive vice president for exploration. He will replace Brad Holly, who held the position of executive vice president for U.S. onshore exploration and production. Holly has resigned from the company.
* Jon Huntsman Jr. resigned from Chevron Corp.'s board, effective Sept. 28. His resignation follows the confirmation by the Senate Foreign Relations Committee of his nomination as the U.S. ambassador to Russia.
* Vanguard Natural Resources, Inc., which recently emerged from Chapter 11, has shuffled its leadership team. Richard Robert, the company's executive vice president and CFO, on Sept. 26 announced his decision to resign, effective immediately. He will also step down from the company's board. Randall Mark Albert was elected to the board Sept. 26, effective immediately. He was also appointed to serve as a member of the board's compensation committee. On Sept. 27, Vanguard appointed Richard Scott Sloan as the company’s executive vice president and CFO. Sloan has served on the board since August and will continue to do so following his appointment, though he stepped down as a member of the compensation committee and the chair of the audit committee.
* Foresight Energy GP LLC appointed Jeremy Harrison as chief accounting officer and principal financial officer, replacing James Murphy, effective Sept. 30. Harrison served as Murray Energy Corp.'s chief accounting officer since August and corporate controller from 2015 through 2017.