* BB&T posted higher third-quarter earnings of $1.01 per share, up from 74 cents per share a year ago. KeyCorp and BNY Mellon also saw yearly increases in EPS to 45 cents and $1.06, respectively.
* Blackstone Group is also expected to release its third-quarter earnings results before markets open today.
* The future growth of U.S. exchanges' key data businesses is uncertain following a recent Securities and Exchange Commission ruling that the exchanges have not justified price hikes to certain proprietary trading data products.
* Commodity Futures Trading Commission Head Christopher Giancarlo warned that European banks will be banned from using U.S. futures markets if the European Union refuses to amend its post-Brexit plans on overseeing clearing houses, Financial Times reports.
* Citigroup and six other international banks are planning to build Trade Information Network, a digital platform that enables corporations to easily and securely communicate trade information with their chosen banks.
* In Illinois, Byline Bancorp is buying Oak Park River Forest Bankshares in a cash-and-stock deal valued at approximately $42.0 million.
* Asset manager Alpha Innovations has launched in Bermuda.
* Former financial adviser and founder of Bennett Financial Group Services, Dawn Bennett, was convicted of a total of 17 conspiracy and fraud charges relating to a $20 million Ponzi scheme, InvestmentNews reports.
* The Connecticut Insurance Department approved CVS Health's pending acquisition of Aetna. The deal is expected to close by the end of 2018.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.