This feature rounds uprecent property news from covered companies and highlights larger deal coveragealready published.
* EquityCommonwealth said that during the first quarter, it unloaded threeproperties totaling 857,000 square feet for a gross sales price of $122.6million at a weighted average cap rate in the mid 3% range.
Thus far in the second quarter, the company has concludedthe sale of 633 Ahua St., a self-storage facility in Honolulu, for a gross saleprice of $29.0 million and wrapped up the sale of 1525 Locust St., a98,009-square-foot boutique office property in Philadelphia, for a gross saleprice of $17.7 million.
The company also entered into a contract to sell itsleasehold interest in
* SeniorHousing Properties Trust acquired one MOB in Florida withapproximately 183,000 square feet in May for a purchase price of $45.0 million,excluding closing costs.
Also in May, the company purchased one senior-livingcommunity with 38 private-pay assisted-living units in Georgia for a purchaseprice of approximately $8.4 million, excluding closing costs. The companystruck a deal with Five Star Quality Care Inc. to manage the community.
In the first quarter, the company entered into an agreementto sell one skilled-nursing facility for approximately $9.5 million.
Meanwhile, in March, it sold a land parcel, previouslyclassified as held for sale, for $700,000, excluding closing costs.
* City OfficeREIT Inc. struck a deal in February to offload its property inAllentown, Pa., for $44.5 million, exclusive of closing costs or workingcapital adjustments. The deal is slated to close in the second quarter.
* WP GlimcherInc. said that in January, it sold Forest Mall in Fond Du Lac, Wis., andNorthlake Mallin Atlanta to private real estate investors for a total price of $30.0 million.The company recorded a $2.2 million loss on the sale.
During the second quarter, the company will recognize anapproximately $36 million gain on the sale of the Chesapeake Square property in Chesapeake, Va.According to the company, the trustee, on behalf of the mortgage lender,conducted a non-judicial foreclosure sale of the property, and the mortgagelender was the successful bidder at the sale.
* CousinsProperties Inc. offloaded 100 North Point Center E., a129,000-square-foot office building in Atlanta for $22.0 million.
* Urban EdgeProperties executed a contract for the sale of a shopping center inWaterbury, Conn., for $21.6 million. The company said it executed the contractin March, adding that the sale is expected to be completed in the secondquarter.
* Cedar RealtyTrust Inc. concluded the purchase of Glenwood Village, a64,000-square-foot, newly constructed, mixed-use property in Bloomfield, N.J.,for $19.5 million.
* PhysiciansRealty Trust closed the acquisition of two facilities containing36,629 net leasable square feet in the Minneapolis-St. Paul, metropolitan areafor a purchase price of approximately $10.2 million. The multitenant facilitiesare 90% occupied, with 73% anchored by the HealthEast Health System.
The company also completed the purchase of a15,000-square-foot ambulatory surgical center in Gardendale, Ala., for apurchase price of approximately $7.5 million. The facility is 100% leased to anaffiliate of Brookwood Medical Center, a subsidiary of TENET Healthcare.
* HershaHospitality Trust completed the sale of the 129-room Hyatt Place inKing of Prussia, Pa., for $13.0 million, or approximately $101,000 per key.
* Granite REIToffloaded two noncore properties in the U.S. and Austria, representing roughly200,000 square feet for gross proceeds of approximately C$9.0 million.
* TerrenoRealty Corp. purchased an industrial property in Miami for apurchase price of roughly $6.4 million. The property, which consists of oneindustrial distribution building containing approximately 54,000 square feet on1.9 acres immediately adjacent to Miami International Airport, is 100% leasedto two tenants. The estimated stabilized cap rate of the property is 6.3%.
* Crombie RealEstate Investment Trust said that in the first quarter, itcompleted the purchase of one retail property totaling 21,000 square feet inBeaumont, Alberta, for a total purchase price of C$5.5 million before closingand transaction costs.
It also completed the sale of 10 retail properties totaling 791,000 squarefeet for proceeds of roughly C$143.4 million before closing and transactioncosts.
* RLJ LodgingTrust offloaded the 62-room Holiday Inn Express Merrillville inMerrillville, Ind., in February for $2.9 million.
* Mid-AmericaApartment Communities Inc. said that during the first quarter, itbought The Apartments atCobblestone Square, a 314-unit community in Fredericksburg, Va.,for an undisclosed sum. It also sold Colonial Promenade Nord du Lac, a 295,000-square-footretail property in Covington, La.
* FibraHotelannounced the future acquisition of the Fiesta Americana Hermosillo hotel inMexico's Sonora state. The company said it will renovate the hotel in stages,without closing it, throughout 2016. It will be operated by Grupo Posadas.
The initial investment in the hotel will be 85.0 millionMexican pesos. FibraHotel will fully acquire the hotel in 2020 once conditionsare met. In the meantime, it will lease the hotel.
Lennar-affiliatedCalif. communities combine to form FivePoint Holdings: Thedevelopment company is no longer planning an IPO.
AshfordHospitality Prime execs defend strategic review, company's viability:Company executives said on a call that they intend to buy back sharesaggressively and sell four of the company's hotels.
STORE CapitalCEO weighs in on retailer troubles: On an earnings call, STORECapital's Christopher Volk said the company's business is not registering "currentor pending recessionary pressures."
Regency execsshed light on Sports Authority, Eastern Mountain exposure: On anearnings call, executives said the company's exposure to the sporting goodstenants is likely to affect its same-property NOI in the near term.
Macerich execstalk Aeropostale, coming e-tailer demand wave: On an earnings call,Macerich's Arthur Coppola said the retail real estate landscape is on the cuspof a wave of e-tailer conversions that will "change the face" of thebusiness.
Report:Starwood in talks to sell up to $1B worth of NY, Calif. hotels: Thecompany is in advanced negotiations to sell its St. Regis hotels in SanFrancisco and New York to Qatar's sovereign wealth fund, Bloomberg Newsreported.
Allied toacquire Montreal office, retail portfolio in C$218M deals: Theproperties comprise more than 1 million square feet of office and retail space.
Iron Mountaincloses US assets sale required for Recall acquisition: The assetsspan 13 U.S. cities, and the total consideration is around $80 million.
Dream Globalnames new CFO, details property transactions: The company's currentCFO, Rene Gulliver, has decided to pursue other career opportunities.
OmegaHealthcare details property transactions: Among other acquisitions,on March 1, the company purchased 21 skilled nursing facilities.
HealthcareRealty details property acquisitions, share sales: The company hasacquired two 100%-leased medical office buildings in Seattle for an aggregatepurchase price of $59.9 million.