S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the Asia-Pacific real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Europe and North America Hires and Fires columns will be published Wednesday and Thursday, respectively.
* Hon Kwok Land Investment Co. Ltd. said William Kwan-Lim Chu resigned as an independent nonexecutive director, chairman of the audit committee and a member of the remuneration committee, effective Jan. 1, due to other business commitments.
* Chan Po Yu vacated her position as the company secretary of China Sandi Holdings Ltd. Dec. 28, 2018.
* LT Commercial Real Estate Ltd. Vice President Zhang Yan assumed the post of co-CEO and vice chairperson of the board, while Kwok Chung Ho Ivan became the new CFO. Chow Kam Hung took over as executive vice president and CEO of the Financial Services segment and Wong Hon Kit and Yang Shao Ming were positioned as independent nonexecutive directors.
Yang Shao Xing Max and Shek Pui Michelle resigned from the board.
* Sun Hung Kai Properties Ltd. brought in Kwok Kai-chun Geoffrey to its board as a nonexecutive director Dec. 21, 2018. Kwok is the nephew of Kwok Ping-luen Raymond, the company's chairman and managing director.
* MA Kwong Wing retired upon the end of his term as an independent nonexecutive director of Sunlight Real Estate Investment Trust's manager, Henderson Sunlight Asset Management Ltd., Dec. 20, 2018.
* Hysan Development Co. Ltd. installed Wong Ching Ying Belinda, CEO of Starbucks China, as an independent nonexecutive director Dec. 18, 2018. Wong will hold office until the next annual general meeting of the company in 2019, after which she will be eligible for re-election.
* Hailan Holdings Ltd. disclosed the resignation of Chen Shimin as an independent nonexecutive director, as well as the appointment of Zhao Guoqing as a new director. Shimin stepped down Dec. 31, 2018, to focus his time and effort on other business.
* Wang Shengli, Hawken Xiu Li, Jiang Mei, Zhang Xingmei, Zhang Dabin and Wang Chunrong exited the board of Renhe Commercial Holdings Co. Ltd. Yin Jianhong and Yang Yuhua joined as nonexecutive directors.
* Xia Jianfeng ceased to be the secretary to directorate at HNA Innovation Co. Ltd. The company resolved to appoint Peng Jianxing to the role at a meeting held Dec. 25, 2018.
* Ong Kian Guan stepped down as lead independent nonexecutive director of Weiye Holdings Ltd., and Oh Eng Bin and Siu Man Ho Simon resigned as independent nonexecutive directors of the real estate developer Dec. 19, 2018. Concurrently, the company added Lam Ying Hung Andy as an independent nonexecutive director and Liu Ning as lead independent nonexecutive director.
* Selangor Dredging Bhd.'s independent nonexecutive directors, Tee Keng Hoon and Mohd Ismail Bin Che Rus, will exit the company Jan. 2 due to personal reasons. Additionally, Selma Enolil Binti Mustapha Khalil and Lee Cheow Fui assumed the same role at the developer Dec. 31, 2018.
* Seow Yoo Lin relinquished his post as an independent nonexecutive director of Dolomite Corp. Bhd. after assuming the role of independent director at a Malaysian investment bank. The resignation was effective Dec. 31, 2018.
* Ahmad Nizam bin Salleh joined KLCC Property Holdings Bhd. as a nonindependent and nonexecutive director Dec. 21, 2018.
* Meglon Infra-Real (India) Ltd. appointed Inderjit Sharma and Shikha Sharma as additional executive directors Dec. 28, 2018, and approved the resignations of directors Naagraj Jain and Pratibha Chaturvedi, effective Dec. 30, 2018.
* Simplex Realty Ltd. said Tharavanat SuseelKumar resigned as a nonexecutive director Dec. 28, 2018, after serving in the position since Nov. 12, 2014.
* National Standard (India) Ltd. disclosed the resignation of Varun Shah as company secretary and compliance officer, effective Dec. 24, 2018, due to personal preoccupations.
* CapitaLand Ltd. named President and Group CEO Lee Chee Koon an executive nonindependent director, effective Jan. 1.
* IPC Corp. Ltd. positioned Tan Sin Huat Dennis as an independent director and current board member Teo Kiang Kok as a lead independent director, effective Dec. 19, 2018. Tan will also assume membership of the board's audit and remuneration committees.
* A Brown Co. Inc. board members Roel Castro and Joel Bañares resigned, effective Dec. 31, 2018, with Bañares also stepping down as treasurer of the property developer. Renato Migriño will fill in for Bañares, starting Jan. 2.
* Premiere Horizon Alliance Corp. promoted assistant vice president Joseph Jeeben Segui to first vice president, effective Jan. 1.
* Eureka Group Holdings Ltd. CFO Paul Cochrane resigned Dec. 21, 2018, to take up a senior executive role in an unnamed private company. Tracey Campion will succeed Cochrane Jan. 21, while Cameron Taylor will step in as COO of the senior-living focused property group in early 2019.
Cochrane will also relinquish his post as joint company secretary, after which Laura Fanning will continue to serve as Eureka's company secretary.
* Stockland appointed Karen Lonergan to lead its human resources function in the new role of group executive people and culture, effective March 11, 2019. She will take a seat on the company's executive committee and report to Managing Director and CEO Mark Steinert.
* Marianne Kopeinig vacated her post as the joint company secretary of agricultural land-focused specialty real estate investment trust Vitalharvest Freehold Trust's responsible entity, The Trust Co. (RE Services) Ltd., Dec. 19, 2018.
* LendLease Group will bring in CEO GE Digital and Chief Digital Officer for General Electric Co., William Ruh, as CEO Digital in January 2019. Ruh will head the company's digital business platform and report to Lendlease Group CEO and Managing Director Steve McCann.
* Trung Phan Xuan Quang became deputy CEO of developer Sai Gon Thuong Tin Real Estate JSC Dec. 17, 2018.
* Adamas Inc. PCL named Supachoke Panchasarp CEO and Chompunoot Suwan assistant CEO accounting and finance department, effective Dec. 18, 2018. Phatsorn Visuttipong stepped down as company secretary, a position that was handed over to Aphiwat Sathiantanarat, and will continue to serve as the accounting and finance manager and secretary of the board.