trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/IC3bFJ8H4LpEYGmdcX82Hg2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

Seven West Media to merge with regional broadcaster, divest Redwave radio assets

Southeast Asian broadband providers report varying performance amid COVID-19

Cable networks react to pandemic by cutting SG&A, programming costs

Strong Competition Remains For Thailand Digital Terrestrial TV Channel

ITU: Regulators discuss impacts of COVID-19 on policymaking


Seven West Media to merge with regional broadcaster, divest Redwave radio assets

Australia-based Seven West Media Ltd. will merge with regional TV broadcaster Prime Media Group Ltd. through a 100% scrip-based scheme of arrangement.

Seven West Media will purchase all of Prime Media's issued shares through a scheme of arrangement under which Prime shareholders will receive 0.4582 Seven West Media shares for each Prime share that they hold. After the completion of the deal, Seven West Media shareholders will own 90% of the combined entity, with Prime Media shareholders holding the remaining 10%.

The combined business will be led by Seven West Media CEO James Warburton and will be chaired by Chairman Kerry Stokes.

The directors of Prime Media Group have unanimously recommended its shareholders to vote in favor of the deal, in the absence of a superior proposal and subject to an independent expert review concluding that the proposed transaction is in the best interest of shareholders. Following customary approvals and deal closing conditions, the scheme of arrangement is expected to be implemented in early 2020.

Seven West will also offload its Western Australian radio assets, called Redwave, to Southern Cross Media Group Ltd. for a cash consideration of A$28 million.

The company said the transactions will allow it to become a commercial premium broadcast, video and news network with a monthly Australian audience reach of 18 million people.