S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Bangladesh's Prime Bank Ltd. appointed Mohammad Habibur Rahman Chowdhury as deputy managing director and CFO.
* Philippine Stock Exchange Inc. said Francisco Duque III stepped down as a non-broker director on its board, effective Nov. 6.
* Sanjeev Kaushik completed his tenure as deputy managing director of IFCI Ltd., effective Dec. 11.
* Li Hongming stepped down as chairman and executive director of Huishang Bank Corp. Ltd. The board elected Wu Xuemin as chairman, subject to regulatory approval. As a result, Wu stepped down as the bank's president, but will retain his duties until a successor is named.
* ORIX Corp. appointed Hitomaro Yano as head of treasury and accounting headquarters, replacing Shintaro Agata. Meanwhile, Satoru Katahira, who stepped down as chief information officer, will be appointed as chairman of the group's health insurance society and corporate pension fund. The changes will take effect Jan. 1, 2018.
* Cathay Lujiazui Life Insurance Co. Ltd. appointed Hu Xi as director, subject to regulatory approval.
* Lin Tien-Dong, a director of SinoPac Securities Corp., died.
* NRB Commercial Bank Ltd. said its new board, headed by Tamal SM Parvez, appointed Kazi Md Talha as temporary managing director in place of Managing Director Dewan Mujibur Rahman, who was sent on a three-month leave. Parvez replaced Farasath Ali, while Mohammad Shahid Islam replaced Toufique Rahman Chowdhury as vice chairman.
* Malaysia-based Bank Simpanan Nasional appointed Yunos Abd Ghani CEO, effective Dec. 1, The Sun Daily reported.
* The Reserve Bank of New Zealand appointed Adrian Orr as governor, effective March 27, 2018. Orr will serve for a five-year term and will replace Grant Spencer, who currently serves as the central bank's acting governor.
* Standard Chartered Bank Nepal Ltd. appointed Jitender Arora its new chairman. Arora replaces Ananth Narayan.
* Indian Overseas Bank said that Niranjan Kumar Agarwal stepped down as a shareholder director, effective Dec. 7.
* HSBC Holdings Plc added 15 equity research analysts in Asia after the launch of HSBC Qianhai Securities, Reuters reported.
* AMMB Holdings Bhd. said Ahmad Johan bin Mohammad Raslan stepped down as a nonindependent, nonexecutive director on the board.
* Huarong International Financial Holdings Ltd. said Peng Xuanxian resigned as deputy CEO "to pursue his career development." Meanwhile, the company named Ye Bai as assistant to the CEO and chief risk officer. Following Ye's appointment, Deputy CEO Lee Po Tak Gilbert will relinquish his duties as chief risk officer. All changes are effective Dec. 8.
* People's Insurance Co. (Group) of China Ltd. said Wu Yan resigned as its chairman and executive director, effective Dec. 8, due to work arrangements.
* China Life Insurance Co. Ltd. appointed Stephanie Hwang as president and Lauren Hsien as chief investment officer.
* Guotai Junan International Holdings Ltd. appointed Li Guangjie as CFO and Lai Changhua as chief risk officer, effective Dec. 8.
* AMP Ltd. appointed Jenny Fagg as its new chief risk officer, effective Feb. 9, 2018. She will succeed Saskia Goedhart, who has decided to return to Canada for family reasons. Goedhart will remain as chief risk officer until Feb. 8, 2018, and Fagg will join AMP on Jan. 17, 2018.
* Sanjay Rungta left as shareholder director of Indian Overseas Bank on Dec. 7.