trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/CE_Wn_YZzFs3pGIORxF_0w2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Report: Bradesco, Swiss Re near to large risks JV deal

Blog

Banking Essentials Newsletter 2021: December Edition

Blog

Automating Credit Risk Surveillance Using Statistical Models

Blog

Post-webinar Q&A: Speed and Scalability – Automation in Credit Risk Modeling

Case Study

A Chinese Bank Takes Steps to Minimize Risks as it Supports International Trade


Report: Bradesco, Swiss Re near to large risks JV deal

Banco BradescoSA's Bradesco SegurosSA is in advanced talkswith Swiss Re Ltd. tolaunch a large-risk insurance joint venture, Agência Estado reported April 6, citingsources close to the negotiations.

According to the report, Swiss Re would hold a 60% stake in theventure, while Bradesco Seguros would have the remaining 40% stake. The deal wasreported to be worth between 500 million and 600 million Brazilian reais, with thepayment to be made through the exchange of assets for shares. As a result, BradescoSeguros will end up with a 40% ownership stake in Swiss Re Corporate Solutions,the report said.

A final contract is expected to be signed soon, with an announcementto follow by May. However, the companies already signed a memorandum of understanding,the publication noted.

As of April 5, US$1 wasequivalent to 3.67 Brazilian reais.