trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/9rlnlRYgKIlzQa0k_pZlEA2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Norsk Hydro resumes normal aluminum production at Albras JV

Blog

Gold - Geopolitical tensions and inflation remain key drivers

Blog

Lithium and Cobalt - Softer demand weighs on prices

Blog

Insight Weekly: Ukraine war impact on mining; US bank growth slowdown; cloud computing headwinds

Blog

Insight Weekly: Cryptocurrency's growth; green bond market outlook; coal investors' windfall


Norsk Hydro resumes normal aluminum production at Albras JV

Norsk Hydro ASA is ramping up production at its Albras aluminum joint venture with Nippon Amazon Aluminium Co. Ltd. and said May 21 it expects to resume full operations in the second half.

The decision comes after the Federal Court in Belem, Brazil, lifted the production embargo on the company's Alunorte alumina refinery, allowing normal production to resume.

Albras curtailed 50% of its production in April 2018 to 230,000 tonnes of aluminum per year due to limited supply from the Alunorte refinery.

Norsk Hydro owns 51% of Albras, with the remaining 49% held by Nippon Amazon.