trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/9obOuxr_OvnkbRbVXIPkew2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Verengo to acquire US Gas & Electric

Essential Energy Insights - September, 2020

Rate case activity slips, COVID-19 proceedings remain at the forefront in August

Bull market leaves US utilities behind in August

Utilities, midstream reckon with energy transformation on the horizon


Verengo to acquire US Gas & Electric

Verengo Inc. requested the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to approve the acquisition of a 100% equity stake in Florida-based U.S. Gas & Electric Inc. for an undisclosed sum.

MVC Capital Inc. owns approximately 76% of the equity in U.S. Gas & Electric with the remaining 24% stake held by a group of individuals. Upon consummation of the transaction, U.S. Gas & Electric will become a subsidiary of Verengo.

The commission has been asked to approve the deal by June 30, according to a May 30 filing.

U.S. Gas & Electric is a licensed energy service company that is primarily engaged in selling natural gas to commercial and residential retail customers in New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Maryland and Pennsylvania. U.S. Gas & Electric owns Energy Services Providers Inc., Massachusetts Gas & Electric Inc. and Connecticut Gas & Electric Inc. (FERC docket EC17-125)