trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/9jdCL6anUsK8JJ4Sr0dxSg2 content esgSubNav
Log in to other products

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

YiChang HEC to buy additional 9% stake in JV

Blog

Highlighting the Top Regional Aftermarket Research Brokers by Sector Coverage

Video

COVID-19 Impact & Recovery: Healthcare Outlook for H2 2021

Blog

Corporate Credit Risk Trends in Developing Markets: A Loss Given Default (LGD) Perspective

Blog

Corporate Credit Risk Trends in Developing Markets: A Probability of Default Perspective


YiChang HEC to buy additional 9% stake in JV

YiChang HEC ChangJiang Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. entered an equity transfer agreement to buy a 9% stake in Dongguan HEC TaiGen Biopharmaceuticals Co. Ltd. from TaiGen Biopharmaceuticals Co.(Beijing) Ltd.

YiChang and the Taigen Biopharmaceuticals Holdings Ltd. unit set up Dongguan as a joint venture in January, to develop hepatitis C treatments.

The consideration of the equity transfer will be $40 million or $20 million, depending on results of phase 2 trials to be conducted by the joint venture, of Furaprevir and Yimitasvir phosphate for the treatment of hepatitis C. YiChang will pay the first installment of $20 million, or the equivalent in Chinese yuan, before March 31. The remaining $20 million will be paid in four tranches, depending on the achievement of certain milestones.

On completion of the equity transfer, YiChang will own a 60% stake in the venture, while TaiGen Biopharmaceuticals will own the remaining 40%.

Further, TaiGen will have the right to buy back up to 9% equity in the venture for $40 million if certain milestones are met.