S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overview of board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Gudrún Johnsen stepped down from Arion banki hf.'s board after serving as vice chairman since 2010. Meanwhile, Steinunn Thórdardóttir was elected a board member at a Nov. 30 shareholders' meeting.
* Berliner Volksbank eG's supervisory board appointed Martina Palte and Caroline Toffel to the board of directors, subject to regulatory approvals. The appointments are linked to the departure of board member Marija Kolak, who was named successor to Uwe Fröhlich as president of Bundesverband der Deutschen Volksbanken und Raiffeisenbanken e.V., effective Jan. 1, 2018.
* Niels Jakobsen and Carsten Madsen will replace Anders Dam and Per Skovhus as chairman and deputy chairman, respectively, of BRFkredit A/S's supervisory board, following Dam's and Skovhus' resignations, effective July 1, 2018.
* Barclays Plc appointed Mike Turner as a nonexecutive director, effective Jan. 1, 2018.
* Barclays Bank UK Plc, Barclays' future ring-fenced bank, appointed Ashok Vaswani and Anna Cross as CEO and CFO, respectively, and as executive directors of its board. The bank also appointed Michael Jary, Avid Duggan, Kathryn Matthews, Andrew Ratcliffe and John Timpson as nonexecutive directors, effective Jan. 1, 2018, subject to regulatory approval.
* Ian Dighé retired from U.K.-based asset manager Miton Group Plc's board as nonexecutive chairman after seven years in the role. He will be replaced by Jim Pettigrew, who was appointed to the board in September.
* Legal & General Group Plc unit Legal & General Home Finance named Barry Meeks and Steve Haggerty nonexecutive directors.
* Eckoh plc said David Coghlan joined the company as a nonexecutive director.
* London Stock Exchange Group Plc said Chairman Donald Brydon will not stand for re-election at the company's annual general meeting in 2019.
* Hugh Mitchell will retire as a nonexecutive director of RSA Insurance Group Plc after six years on its board, effective from the company's annual general meeting May 11, 2018.
* Bob Foresman, who serves as vice chairman of UBS Investment Bank, will be named chairman of the board at OOO UBS Bank, replacing Hendrik Geldenhuys, who will continue to work for UBS Group AG.
* Piraeus Bank SA appointed Per Anders Fasth as a nonexecutive director, replacing Aikaterini Beritsi, who resigned.
* Permanent TSB Group Holdings Plc said Emer Daly intends to retire from its board in the coming months after completing her second three-year term.
* Irish Stock Exchange Chairman Padraic O'Connor will be proposed as a new member of Euronext NV's supervisory board as part Euronext's acquisition of the Irish exchange.
* U.K.-based StatPro Group Plc named Rory Curran chairman, replacing Carl Bacon, who stepped down as nonexecutive chairman and retired from the board of directors.
* Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc. unit MUFG Bank (Europe) NV named Marius van Nieuwkerk chairman of the board of supervisory directors, effective Oct. 1. Van Nieuwkerk, who has been on the bank's board since 2007, will replace Jan Sodderland, who resigned. Meanwhile, current ING Groep NV Chief Risk Officer Wilfred Nagel joined MUFG Bank (Europe)'s board of supervisory directors, effective Nov. 6.
* Matías Rodríguez Inciarte and Isabel Tocino will leave Banco Santander SA's board to take up new roles. Tocino will become vice chairman of Santander Spain's board and chairman of Banco Pastor SA. In addition, Ramiro Mato was named an independent director of Banco Santander, subject to shareholder approval at the bank's next annual general meeting.
* Mikhail Zadornov was named chairman of PAO Rosgosstrakh's board of directors. Rosgosstrakh's newly elected board also includes Valery Goreglyad, Nikolay Galushin, Nikolaus Frei, Peter Mueller, Veniamin Polyantsev, Anatoly Predtechensky, Oleg Pyatakov, Alexander Sokolov and Maxim Chernin.
* Provident Financial Plc appointed Stuart Sinclair senior independent director with immediate effect, replacing Malcolm Le May, whom the company earlier named interim executive chairman.
* CMC Markets Plc appointed Paul Wainscott senior independent director, with immediate effect.
* Axa unit Axa UK Plc named Scott Wheway chairman of the board to succeed Ian Brimecome, who will retire after five years in the role. Wheway will take on the role Dec. 12.
* Temple Bar Investment Trust PLC appointed Richard Wyatt as a nonexecutive director of its board, effective Nov. 27. In addition, David Webster will retire as a director of the company, effective Dec. 31.
* Santander UK Plc appointed Gerry Byrne as a nonexecutive director, effective Dec. 1. He replaces Manuel Soto, who will step down from the company's board Dec. 15.
Please forward news of board changes in Europe to firstname.lastname@example.org.