S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a biweekly rundown of executive and board changes in the European media and communications industries.
* Telenor ASA said Berit Svendsen is stepping down as CEO of Telenor Norway and head of the telecom group's Scandinavian cluster. Petter Furberg has been appointed CEO of Telenor Norway, and Kaaren Hilsen as CEO of Telenor Sweden. Morten Karlsen Sørby was appointed acting cluster head of Scandinavia. Svendsen has been CEO of Telenor Norway for seven years.
* WPP PLC named Mark Read as its new CEO. Read, who will also become executive director of the WPP board, has been the company's joint COO since April.
MEDIA INDUSTRY MOVES
* Dana Hastier, director of public television channel France 3, has resigned amid a reorganization of France Télévisions SA that will eliminate channel director positions in 2019, Les Echos reported Aug. 31. An internal memo said Hastier wished to pursue a new direction in her career.
* Guillaume Dubois, director of L'Express, owned by Altice Europe, will leave his post, Les Echos reported Aug. 31. The decision, prompted by disappointing progress on the three-year strategic plan set out in 2016, was set to be announced at the company's workers' council meeting Sept. 3. Altice Europe was formerly known as Altice NV.
* Stephen Kelly has stepped down as a director and CEO of The Sage Group PLC after reaching an agreement with the company's board. Kelly will remain available to the group until he leaves May 31, 2019. The board has initiated a process to find a new CEO. Also, the company's board tapped CFO Steve Hare as COO on an interim basis. As CFO and interim COO, Hare will have full executive authority to run the business until the appointment of the new CEO.
* Teresa Alvaro is stepping in as director of Italian digital agency AGID, replacing Antonio Samaritani, Telecompaper reported Aug. 30, citing La Repubblica.
* Gregory Ellis has announced his resignation as CEO of German marketplace Scout24 AG, which resulted in shares dropping 7.4% on Thursday to €42.58, reported Handelsblatt.
COMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY MOVES
* Thorsten Langheim is joining Deutsche Telekom AG's executive board, effective Jan. 1, 2019. He will take over the German telecom giant's newly created U.S. and corporate development division.
* Mike Michel has been named CEO of PPF Group NV's newly acquired unit Telenor Serbia. Michel previously held roles with Telenor ASA and was most recently chief marketing officer of Bangladeshi mobile operator Banglalink, according to his LinkedIn profile.