S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a rundown of board changes in the U.S. media and communications industries.
* SINA Corp. appointed James Jianzhang Liang an independent director of the company, according to a Dec. 18 news release. Liang is the co-founder and chairman of Chinese travel service provider Ctrip.com International Ltd. He served as Ctrip's CEO from 2000 to January 2006, and from March 2013 to November 2016.
* Kalpana Raina, a member of John Wiley & Sons Inc.'s board since 2009 and a member of the audit committee, will resign from the board, effective Dec. 22. The company said in a Form 8-K filed Dec. 14 that Raina's decision to resign was not due to any disagreements with the company on any matter relating to the company's operations, policies or practices.
* Michael Golden will retire from New York Times Co.'s board, effective Dec. 31. A.G. Sulzberger, who will succeed his father Arthur Sulzberger Jr. as publisher of The New York Times on Jan. 1, 2018, was also elected to the board and will fill the seat being vacated by Golden, according to a Dec. 14 SEC filing.
* Eric Olsen resigned from Cimpress NV's supervisory board, effective Dec. 13. The resignation did not result from any disagreement with the company or other supervisory board members. Olsen had served as a member of the supervisory board since March 2013.
* Carl Sparks resigned as a director of Vonage Holdings Corp.'s board, effective upon the conclusion of the company's February 2018 board of directors meeting. Sparks' resignation is not the result of any disagreement with the company, according to a Dec. 15 SEC filing.
* Steven Cochran retired from his position as CEO of WideOpenWest Inc. and as a member of the company's board. The company appointed Teresa Elder as CEO and member of the board, effective Dec. 14. Cochran will continue as an adviser to the company through June 30, 2018.