* Goldman Sachs is looking to widen the scope of its depository investment banking coverage to help meet its target of adding 1,000 new clients across a number of sectors.
* The union-backed Committee for Better Banks is pushing Wells Fargo to add a worker representative to the company's stakeholder advisory council, Reuters reports.
* Blackstone Group's two Asia-focused funds closed a total of $9.4 billion of capital commitments.
* First Mid-Illinois Bancshares is purchasing SCB Bancorp in a $70.4 million stock-and-cash deal.
* Southern Missouri Bancorp is acquiring Gideon Bancshares in a $22.7 million cash-and-stock deal.
* Kansas-based Equity Bancshares is buying Oklahoma-based City Bank and Trust from parent Docking Bancshares for approximately $18.9 million in cash.
* Foreshore Exploration Partners is buying cryptocurrency payment company POSaBIT.
* KeyCorp is set to close 40 branches, or about 3.5% of its fleet, in 2018.
* Comptroller of the Currency Joseph Otting is set to testify before the House Financial Services Committee at 10 a.m. ET in a hearing entitled "Financial Industry Regulation: the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency."
* And the House Financial Services Committee's subcommittee on Capital Markets, Securities and Investment will hold a hearing entitled "Ensuring Effectiveness, Fairness, and Transparency in Securities Law Enforcement" at 2 p.m. ET.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.