* In California, CVB Financial is buying Community Bank in a deal valued at about $878.3 million.
* Bank of America will open more than 500 branches across the U.S. in the next four years.
* Circle Internet Financial, a Goldman Sachs-backed mobile payments company, has acquired cryptocurrency exchange Poloniex in a deal that a source says is worth $400 million, according to Fortune.
* Providence, R.I.-based Citizens Bank is said to be linked to alleged loan fraud charges against Paul Manafort, The Associated Press reports, citing court documents.
* MGIC Investment reached an agreement to settle all issues in its legal dispute with the Internal Revenue Service regarding the company's tax treatment of its investment in one of its portfolios.
* A putative class-action lawsuit was filed against Aflac over its alleged misleading public disclosures regarding its recruiting practices, among other issues.
* After a mass shooting that killed 17 people at a school in Florida, State Street is planning to talk with weapon manufacturers and distributors on how they can support the "safe and responsible use of their products," the bank said in an emailed statement to Pensions & Investments.
* Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell will testify at 10 a.m. ET before the House Financial Services Committee in a hearing entitled, "Monetary Policy and State of the Economy."
* And Bank of Nova Scotia and Bank of Montreal are releasing their earnings results today.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription.