* Former Federal Reserve economist and President Donald Trump's pick to join the central bank, Nellie Liang, withdrew her nomination for a seat on the Fed's Board of Governors. Liang had yet to get a confirmation hearing in the Senate.
* Terre Haute, Ind.-based First Financial is buying Hopkinsville, Ky.-based HopFed Bancorp in a $128.3 million cash-and-stock deal.
* The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit upheld a lower court's ruling in rejecting former Goldman Sachs Group director Rajat Gupta's bid to toss his 2012 insider trading conviction, Bloomberg News reports.
* A no-deal Brexit could threaten asset management giant BlackRock's legal bid to lower taxes for customers of its artificial intelligence-powered unit, Aladdin, Bloomberg Tax reports.
* Milan Galik will succeed Thomas Peterffy as CEO of Greenwich, Conn.-based Interactive Brokers Group, effective in the third quarter.
* Dominic Addesso will retire as president and CEO of Everest Re Group, a global provider of reinsurance and insurance, at the end of his contract term on Dec. 31.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.