* Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco President John Williams has emerged as the top candidate to be the next president of the New York Fed, sources told The New York Times.
* JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America and Citigroup are developing a new platform for bond issuances, the Financial Times reports.
* Goldman Sachs intends to add approximately 1,000 companies to the list of clients covered by its investment bankers, Chairman and CEO Lloyd Blankfein wrote in his letter to shareholders.
* Also, Blankfein earned 163 times the median Goldman Sachs employee received in total compensation in 2017.
* Four risk management executives at Wells Fargo are retiring in the next three months, The Wall Street Journal reports, citing "employees and an internal memo."
* In Illinois, Marion County Savings Bank is acquiring Flora Savings Bank.
* American International Group, Insurance Australia Group, Germany's Allianz SE and Ping An Insurance (Group) Co. of China are among the companies showing an interest in Commonwealth Bank of Australia's general insurance business, The Australian Financial Review's Street Talk blog reports.
* While many of the hundreds of thousands of Americans who marched in Washington and elsewhere around the U.S. on March 24 demanded lawmakers stop taking money from the National Rifle Association, biopharmaceutical lobbyists ranked higher than the gun lobbying group in a new national survey as holding the most influence on Capitol Hill.
* And the National Association of Insurance Commissioners is reconsidering its draft proposal on annuity sales standards in light of an appeal's court decision vacating the Department of Labor's Conflict of Interest Rule.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription.
S&P Global Market Intelligence provides links to external sites where these offer further, relevant information to our readers. While we ensure that such links are functional at the time of publication, we are not responsible in instances where those links are unavailable later.