trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/6UiWEvyzHwJgYIScsbOT4w2 content esgSubNav
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

European deals: Altice selling Swiss businesses; Vivendi/Havas deal approved

TMT News & Research: 2020 Recap

Blog

Charter, DIRECTV and Comcast rank as the top 'RSN-friendly' MVPDs

Quibi's $2 billion bet on mobile video fizzles out

Cable nets struggle with cash flow declines due to cord cutting, pandemic


European deals: Altice selling Swiss businesses; Vivendi/Havas deal approved

S&P Global Market Intelligence provides a wrap-up of European media and communications deal announcements, completions and updates from Nov. 27 to Dec. 1.

TOP NEWS

* Altice NV said Dec. 1 that it agreed to sell its Swiss businesses green.ch AG and Green Datacenter AG to InfraVia Capital Partners. The deal is expected to close in early 2018 and values the businesses at an enterprise value of about CHF 214 million. Green.ch offers individuals and businesses with internet connections, cloud and multimedia services as well as data backup solutions, while Green Datacenter provides data center services for medium-sized and large companies.

* French financial markets regulator Autorité des Marchés Financiers said Nov. 28 that it approved Vivendi SA's takeover bid for Havas SA, followed by a mandatory squeeze-out. The outstanding 3.85% of Havas' capital will be acquired at €9.25 per share with an indicative completion date of Dec. 14.

M&A Media

* Talpa Holding NV, the media company of John de Mol, and Talpa Beheer BV agreed to sell Talpa's 29.16% stake in Telegraaf Media Groep NV to Belgian publisher Mediahuis NV, TMG said Dec. 1. Under the agreement, Mediahuis will pay €6.00 per share for the stake, which is equivalent to 13,516,049 shares. The deal also entails the sale of TMG's 23% holding in Talpa Radio Holding BV to Talpa.

* Swedish e-sports platform Esportal said Dec. 1 that it is acquiring gaming center Inferno Online in Stockholm.

* German media group Bauer Media KG has taken over luxury magazine Madame from Media Group Medweth GmbH, pending approval from relevant cartel authorities, according to a Nov. 30 news release.

* Danish-founded game development platform Unity Technologies Inc. said Nov. 28 that it has acquired U.K.'s Multiplay Ltd. and its game hosting business from GAME Digital plc for £19 million. An associated events business as well as associated IPs will remain with GAME, Unity said.

* Munich-based production company Beta Film GmbH is acquiring a 51% stake in Vienna's MR Film company, pending cartel authority approval, according to a Nov. 27 news release. MR Film's head office and leadership will remain the same.

M&A Communications

* Telia Co. AB said Nov. 30 that its subsidiary Cygate Oy is acquiring Finnish enterprise software company Propentus Oy. Propentus specializes in identity and access rights management.

* TalkPool AG said Nov. 27 that it has acquired a majority stake in TalkPool AB, with an ownership of about 55.6%. The parent company acquired a 30% stake in the internet of things design and services company from IT Talks Sweden AB, which will receive 50,819 newly issued shares in TalkPool AG as compensation.

* Russia's ER-Telecom completed the acquisition of Columbia Telecom, Broadband TV News reported Nov. 27, citing TelecomDaily. The deal involves ER-Telecom's purchase of a 54.34% stake in Columbia Telecom from Wintergate Holdings Ltd. and the other 45.66% holding from a private person.