S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a rundown of recent board changes in the U.S. technology, media and telecommunications industries.
* WideOpenWest Inc. elected Crestview Partners LP CEO and co-founder Barry Volpert to its board of directors. Prior to his role at the investment firm, Volpert spent 18 years at Goldman Sachs as a co-founder and co-COO of its global private equity business.
* Enterprise software company ServiceNow Inc. named former SAP SE executive Bill McDermott as president, CEO and board member, effective 2019-end. McDermott will succeed John Donahoe, who will remain as ServiceNow CEO through the transition period and keep his seat on the board until the end of his term in June 2020.
* Cisco Systems Inc. nominated Carol Tomé for election to its board of directors as incumbent Steven West plans to retire Dec. 10. Tomé was CFO of Home Depot Inc. until her retirement in August. Cisco also proposed nine current directors for reelection to the board.
* LinkedIn Corp. Chief Marketing Officer Shannon Brayton and Microsoft Corp. Chief Technology Officer Kevin Scott joined Relativity's board of directors. Scott is the co-inventor on several patents in the search and information extraction space. Brayton, who has been chief marketing officer of LinkedIn since 2015, will work with Relativity leadership to help advance the company's brand and positioning in the legaltech market. Relativity provides software to help users organize data.
* LiveXLive Media Inc. appointed Baker Media Inc. CEO Bridget Baker to its board of directors. Baker was also named to the board's compensation committee. Baker was formerly president of content distribution at NBCUniversal Media LLC.
* Michael Donovan, who earlier this year stepped down as CEO of DHX Media Ltd., resigned from the company's board of directors. DHX Media, which is changing its name to WildBrain as part of a management and business reorganization, is a global children's content and brands company.