* Amazon signed a lease for 72,392 square meters at ESR Group Pty Ltd.'s four-story Kuki Distribution Center in Tokyo. The long-term lease boosts the occupancy rate to 97% at the 151,500-square-meter facility in Japan.
* China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd. in December 2019 bought five land parcels in Xi'an, Harbin, Zhengzhou, Wuhan and Shijiazhuang in China for around 8.66 billion yuan. The sites have a combined attributable gross floor area of roughly 1,386,667.40 square meters.
* Applications for pre-sale consents in Hong Kong in 2019 dropped to a six-year low at 10,360 units, Hong Kong Economic Journal reported. The city's Lands Department issued pre-sale approval for 14,137 units last year, the lowest number since 2015.
* Yuexiu Property Co. Ltd.'s contracted sales in December 2019 totaled roughly 11.82 billion yuan, up around 5% year over year. Gross floor area sold also rose around 21% to about 692,500 square meters.
* A slew of Chinese developers plan to issue new U.S.-dollar-denominated notes to refinance existing debt. Country Garden Holdings Co. Ltd. will be issuing US$550 million 5.125% senior notes due 2027 and US$450 million 5.625% notes due 2030. Sunac China Holdings Ltd. is planning to issue US$540 million of 6.5% senior notes due Jan. 10, 2025.
* Meanwhile, Beijing Capital Land Ltd. is issuing US$450 million of 5.5-year notes at an annual coupon of 3.85% under its medium-term note and perpetual securities program. Logan Property Holdings Co. Ltd. will be listing US$300 million of 5.75% senior notes due 2025 on the Hong Kong bourse.
* Cifi Holdings (Group) Co. Ltd. is also issuing US$400 million of 6.0% senior notes due 2025. Net proceeds from the issuance will be used to refinance its existing debt. Zhenro Properties Group Limited will list US$290 million of 7.875% senior notes.
* Mitsui Fudosan Logistics Park Inc. agreed to buy the trust beneficiary interests in three logistics facilities in Osaka, Saitama and Hiroshima for ¥48.38 billion. The planned acquisition date for the MFLP Sakai, MFLP Prologis Park Kawagoe and MFLP Hiroshima I is Feb. 5.
The company also increased its forecast of operating income to ¥2.78 billion and revenue to ¥6.35 billion for the fiscal half-year ending July 31. It also expects operating income for the fiscal second-half ending Jan. 31 at ¥2.92 billion.
* LaSalle LOGIPORT REIT filed a shelf registration statement regarding the issuance of investment corporation bonds worth ¥100 billion, effective Jan. 8. The funds will be used to acquire assets, to repay borrowings and investment corporation bonds, to refund lease and guarantee deposit funds, to pay for repairs and maintenance, and for working capital.
* Lodha Group recorded about 20 billion rupees of sales for the December quarter and posted overall sales in the current fiscal year of just under 50 billion rupees, Mingtiandi reported, citing a company executive.
* Hong Leong Holdings Ltd., GuocoLand Ltd. and Hong Realty (Private) Ltd will launch their joint development at The Avenir in District 9's River Valley area on Jan. 11, The (Singapore) Business Times reported. Prices for the 376-unit freehold condominium, which spans 129,648 square feet, range between S$2,930 and S$3,030 per square foot.
Other Real Estate News
* Unizo Holdings Co. Ltd. reportedly sold an office building in New York to BentallGreenOak for roughly US$450 million. The acquisition of the approximately 650,000-square-foot property at 685 Third Ave. in Manhattan was funded through a US$200 million floating-rate leasehold provided by Heitman LLC.
Now Featured on S&P Global Market Intelligence
Data Dispatch: Euro seen benefiting from further dollar weakness in 2020 as trade tensions ease
The Daily Dose Asia-Pacific, Real Estate edition is updated by 6:30 a.m. Hong Kong time. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.
Aries Poon and Emily Lai contributed to this report.