S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the Asia-Pacific real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Europe and North America Hires and Fires columns will be published Wednesday and Thursday.
* China Vanke Co. Ltd., in a March 27 earnings call, said that it does not have a definitive timeline for the election of a new set of directors as the current board's term is set to expire in March. According to company secretary Xu Zhu, the company's re-election plan is still in the works, and it will inform everyone once a decision has been reached.
* Cambridge Industrial Trust's manager named Adrian Chui as CEO and executive director, effective March 24, while Shane Hagan, who has served as the acting CEO for Cambridge Industrial Trust Management since November 2016, returned to his original position as COO and CFO.
Chui was one of the pioneer members of the management team of Ascendas-MGM Funds Management Ltd., which is now known as Ascendas Funds Management Ltd. and the manager of Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust.
* Hotel Property Investments announced the appointment of Blair Strik as CFO, effective April 26. In addition, the company also named Giselle Collins as an independent nonexecutive director, effective April 19. Collins serves as chairman of Aon Superannuation Pty. Ltd. and Larrakia Darwin Hotel Pty. Ltd. Previously, Collins chaired the boards of The Travelodge Hotel Group.
* Ascendas Funds Management (Australia) Pty Ltd., manager of Ascendas Real Estate Investment Trust, announced the resignation of Matthew John Meredith, general manager, Australia. Meredith, who handles the company's Australian operations and assets, will leave the company May 12 to pursue another opportunity.
* Ross Lees will serve as the new trust manager of Centuria Industrial REIT, a unit managed by Centuria Property Funds No. 2 Ltd. Previously, Lees held senior transactional and portfolio management roles at DEXUS Property Group's industrial sector. Lees also worked at Stockland and Logos Property Australia.
* Japan Real Estate Asset Management Co. Ltd., manager of Japan Real Estate Investment Corp., announced the appointments of three new directors, which will take effect April 1. Ryuta Yoshida will serve as a full time director, while Hirokazu Aoyagi and Masakazu Kawahara will take on part-time director roles. The company also announced the retirement of part-time director Masaki Sakagawa, effective March 31.
In addition, Yoshida's title will be changed to senior executive officer and general manager of the planning department, and another executive officer Kazuo Nezu's new title will be senior executive officer and general manager of the finance and accounting department, effective April 1.
* Japan Logistics Fund Inc.'s asset manager, Mitsui & Co. Logistics Partners Ltd., named Kiyoshi Okubo as part-time director, effective April 3. Okubo, who joined the company in 1992, will replace resigning part-time director Hideyuki Fukuda.
* Mitsui Fudosan Accommodations Fund Management Co. Ltd., Nippon Accommodations Fund Inc.'s asset manager, is seeking to nominate Sogo Okuno to its board of directors. The appointment will take effect April 1, and Okuno will replace Ryo Nishimoto, who will resign March 31.
* Peter Dufaur will leave his position as general manager development at Goodman (NZ) Ltd., manager of Goodman Property Trust. Dufaur, who will remain in his position until Sept. 30, has been with the company's development business for 12 years.
* Al-Salam REIT redesignated director Encik Wan Azman Bin Ismail to executive director, effective March 27.
The University of Newcastle graduate previously worked at Perwira Affin Merchant Bank Bhd., BSN Merchant Bank Bhd., Johor Corp. and Damansara Realty Bhd.