trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/6kn34xir52pljb2wwi3yvg2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Report: Ma'aden enlists banks to help refinance US$1B loan for Alcoa JV

Greenhouse gas and gold mines Nearly 1 ton of CO2 emitted per ounce of gold produced in 2019

Essential Metals & Mining Insights - September 2020

Essential Metals & Mining Insights - August 2020

State of the Market: Mining Q2-2020

Report: Ma'aden enlists banks to help refinance US$1B loan for Alcoa JV

Saudi Arabian Mining Co., or Ma'aden, hired BNP Paribas and National Commercial Bank to help refinance about US$1 billion of bank debt raised for a subsidiary, Reuters wrote March 22, citing three banking sources.

Sources said the refinancing facility is expected at about US$1 billion, denominated in both Saudi Arabian riyals and U.S. dollars, though more details are yet to be finalized. The parties have been in talks over the matter for weeks.

The debt was raised for the company's 74.9%-owned Ma'aden Bauxite & Alumina Co. joint venture with Alcoa Inc., which owns the remaining 25.1% stake.

Ma'aden aims to complete the refinancing by the end of the second quarter, one of the sources added.

The cost of establishing the venture stood at about 13 billion riyals, with over 8 billion riyals arranged through debt financing in 2011, Reuters added.

As of March 22, US$1 was equivalent to 3.75 Saudi Arabian riyals.