trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/6hlcdple6qg_r7wfg9dc7w2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

Report: Everstone Capital to off-load minority stake in Burger King India

Amazon e-commerce sales soar amid COVID-19

Gauging Supply Chain Risk In Volatile Times

S&P Global Market Intelligence

Cannabis: Hashing Out a Budding Industry

Segment

IFRS 9 Impairment How It Impacts Your Corporation And How We Can Help


Report: Everstone Capital to off-load minority stake in Burger King India

Private equity firm Everstone Capital Asia Pte Ltd is set to sell a 20% stake in Burger King Worldwide, Inc.'s Indian arm in a deal that could value the company at $300 million to $350 million, The Economic Times (India) reported Sep. 3. citing people familiar with the development.

According to the report, a total of about 30% to 35% of Burger King India will be sold through primary and secondary offerings.

Everstone holds about 88% of the burger giant's Indian unit and will remain the controlling stakeholder after the transaction. Burger King Worldwide owns the remaining 12%.

Advisory firm EY will run the sale process, which is likely to be launched in a few weeks, one of the sources added.

Both Everstone Capital and EY declined to comment on the matter, the report said.