S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily roundup of management and board changes in the bank and thrift industry. This feature excludes C-level leadership changes and stories previously covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
* South Hill, Va.-based CCB Bankshares Inc., the parent of Citizens Community Bank, named Cynthia Bishop senior vice president and human resources leader.
Bishop, who has over 30 years of experience, most recently served as director of human resources for Richmond-based Call Federal Credit Union.
* Jack Wood resigned from the board of San Antonio, Texas-based Cullen/Frost Bankers Inc., the holding company for Frost Bank, effective Jan. 17.
Lead independent director Royce Caldwell also notified the board of his decision to retire and not to stand for re-election upon the completion of his term at the company's annual shareholder meeting in April.
Subsequently, the board appointed Sam Dawson, CEO of Pape-Dawson Engineers Inc., to fill Wood's position and determined to nominate Graham Weston, co-founder and former CEO of Rackspace Hosting Inc., to the board. Additionally, Charles Matthews, former general counsel for Exxon Mobil Corp., will replace Caldwell as lead independent director.
* Columbus, Ga.-based Synovus Financial Corp. appointed F.Dixon Brooke Jr. to its board, effective immediately.
Brooke is the former president and CEO of EBSCO Industries. He is chairman of the advisory board of First Commercial Bank, the Birmingham, Ala. division of Synovus Bank.
* Dwight Hossle, market president of Dacotah Bank in Faulkton, S.D., is retiring from his position, effective April 15.
The Aberdeen, S.D.-based bank is a unit of Dacotah Banks Inc.
* Charles Thayer is retiring from the board of Greensburg, Ind.-based MainSource Financial Group Inc., the parent of MainSource Bank, effective May. 3.
Kathie Bardwell will succeed Thayer as lead director of the board, while Vince Berta will succeed Bardwell as chair of the audit committee, effective Jan. 23.
* Lakeville, Conn.-based Salisbury Bank and Trust Co., a subsidiary of Salisbury Bancorp Inc., named Donald Kuczarski senior vice president and senior commercial loan officer. Kuczarski previously served as senior vice president and commercial loan manager at Pittsfield Cooperative Bank.
* Green Bay, Wis.-based Associated Bank NA, a unit of Associated Banc-Corp, promoted Tracy Foss to senior vice president and Milwaukee market leader of private client and institutional services.
Foss has over 20 years of wealth management and executive benefits experience. She previously was senior client adviser.
* First National Bank of Hutchinson, a unit of First Kansas Bancshares Inc., promoted Cheri Fahrbach to senior vice president and manager of retail banking. Fahrbach joined the Hutchinson, Kan.-based bank in 2010 as vice president and manager.
* Allentown, Pa.-based American Bank, a subsidiary of American Bank Inc., appointed Zachary Jaindl to its board. Jaindl is COO of Jaindl Enterprises.