trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/4Q7zLuDwby5xfX2fY_3dJw2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

In This List

Nidec to form JV with GAC subsidiary for traction motors

Medical IoT Technology in US Hospitals Helps to Reduce Costs and Improve Care

Internet Traffic Spikes By One Third In March

How 37 Years of Default Data Can Prepare Us for the COVID-19 Fallout

US Pushes Pedal To The Metal On Broadband Speeds Ahead Of COVID-19 Outbreak


Nidec to form JV with GAC subsidiary for traction motors

Nidec Corp. will form a joint venture with GAC Components Co. Ltd., a subsidiary of Chinese car maker Guangzhou Automobile Group Co. Ltd., as it forays into low-cost traction motors.

The new company, tentatively called Guangzhou Nidec Auto Drive System Co. Ltd., will have 600 million Chinese yuan in registered capital. Nidec will own 51% of the venture, while GAC Components will hold the remaining 49%.

The company will be based in Guanzhou, Guangdong province, and will develop, produce, sell and provide after-sales service of automotive traction motor systems and components.

The deal will be executed between September and October. Nidec does not expect the transaction to have a significant impact on its consolidated financial performance for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2020.

GAC Components manufactures automobile interior parts and electric components, among others.

As of Aug. 1, US$1 was equivalent to 6.90 Chinese yuan.