S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* Chugach Electric Association Inc. has appointed Harold Hollis as a director. Hollis will fill the vacancy created by the resignation of Sisi Cooper.
* Newly formed renewable energy company ConnectGen LLC established by Quantum Energy Funds VII, will be led by Jayshree Desai as president and David Barry as CFO and head of strategy. Private equity firm Quantum Energy Partners also announced that it hired Gabriel Alonso to be executive in residence. He will serve as executive chairman of the ConnectGen board of directors.
* AltaGas Ltd. is expanding its board of directors from nine to 12 seats. AltaGas appointed Cynthia Johnston, Pentti Karkkainen and Terry McCallister as directors. Despite these board additions, one seat will remain vacant until the company appoints a permanent CEO. David Harris resigned as president, CEO and director of AltaGas, effective July 25, due to a complaint under review by the board.
* Alliant Energy Corp. named AK Steel Holding Corp. CEO Roger Newport as a board director, effective July 25. Newport will also serve on the boards of Alliant utility subsidiaries Interstate Power & Light Co. and Wisconsin Power and Light Co. He will stand for election at Alliant Energy's 2019 annual meeting as a nominee for director to serve a term until 2021.
Vivint Solar Inc. named Jeremy Sabin vice president of human capital. He previously served as the company’s senior director of human capital.
* Charles Wilhoite was appointed to the board of Northwest Natural Gas Co. as a class II independent director, for a term starting Aug. 1 and expiring at the annual shareholders meeting scheduled for May 23, 2019. In addition, senior vice president and chief administrative officer Lea Anne Doolittle will retire Dec. 31 and Melinda Rogers, who was named vice president, chief human resources and diversity officer effective Aug. 1, is expected to assume Doolittle's human resources responsibilities.
* One Gas Inc. expanded the size of its board to nine members from seven with the appointments of Arcilia Acosta and Tracy Hart.
* BP plc named Helge Lund and Pamela Daley as the company's non-executive directors. Lund's appointment, which was originally announced April 26, will not affect the timing of his succession to chairman Jan. 1, 2019 when Carl-Henric Svanberg steps down.
* Jordan Cove LNG LLC CEO Elizabeth Spomer has left the Oregon LNG export project and its parent company, Pembina Pipeline Corp. Spomer's departure from Jordan Cove, a planned liquefaction plant that Pembina assumed when it acquired Canadian rival Veresen Inc. in 2017, was confirmed by spokesman Michael Hinrichs. "Effective May 30, Betsy Spomer is no longer working with Jordan Cove LNG or Pembina," Hinrichs said in a July 24 email. "Betsy provided a wealth of industry knowledge and leadership to the Jordan Cove project during her time with us."
* Suncor Energy Inc. appointed Brian MacDonald to its board of directors effective July 23. MacDonald is currently president and CEO of CDK Global.
* EQT Midstream Partners LP completed its unit-for-unit merger deal with Rice Midstream Partners LP and as part of the deal close, all of the officials and board members of Rice Midstream Management LLC were removed. Jeremiah Ashcroft III will now be president and manager, with Daniel Greenblatt serving as treasurer, Robert McNally as manager and Jimmi Sue Smith as assistant treasurer and manager.
* NuStar Energy LP closed its unit-for-unit simplification deal with NuStar GP Holdings LLC. As part of the deal's closing, William Burnett, James Clingman Jr. and Jelynne LeBlanc-Burley were appointed to the board of NuStar, effectively bringing its board size to nine members.
* W&T Offshore Inc. promoted William Williford to vice president and general manager of Gulf of Mexico. Williford has been with the company since 2006.