S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a rundown of recent board changes in the U.S. technology, media and telecommunications industries.
* Roland Hinz, a director of Salem Media Group Inc. since September 1997, retired from the company's board and the company's nominating and corporate governance committee and compensation committee. Hinz's decision to resign is not the result of any disagreement with the company, according to a Dec. 18 SEC filing.
* Glenbriar Technologies Inc. appointed Mark Tommasi as a director of the company. Tommasi was a senior officer, director and financier of various public and private companies, according to a Dec. 28 news release. Additionally, Hashim Mitha stepped down as president and a director of the company. The company reappointed current director and CEO Doug Taylor as president.
* Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings Inc. reached an agreement to split from iHeartMedia Inc., which owns 89.1% of Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings' outstanding common stock. The separation is expected to occur in conjunction with and subject to iHeartMedia's emergence from its ongoing restructuring process. Upon iHeartMedia's emergence, William Eccleshare will lead Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings as CEO and will also join its new board, which will be announced before the separation.
* Gabriel Napora, the founder and a director of Imagination Park Entertainment Inc., resigned from the company's board to focus on a new film and television venture, the company said Dec. 21. Napora will continue to work with Imagination Park through his company Triton Films Inc. until April 1, 2019, and on as-needed basis afterward. Imagination Park's board plans to fill the vacated seat within the coming months.
* Entercom Communications Corp. increased the size of its board from eight to nine members and elected Susan Neely to fill the newly created vacancy. Neely has not yet been appointed to serve on any board committee. Neely is president and CEO of American Council of Life Insurers. She was previously president and CEO of American Beverage Association.
* Mobiquity Technologies Inc. said Dec. 20 that it added three new directors to its board: Anthony Iacovone, Gene Salkind and Deep Katyal. Iacovone is the co-founder and CEO of AdTheorent Inc. Salkind is a neurosurgeon, professor and tech investor. Katyal is CEO of Advangelists LLC.
* Live Nation Entertainment Inc. elected Maverick Carter to its board. Carter is LeBron James' business manager and also CEO of Springhill Production Company LLC, UNINTERRUPTED and The Robot Co. through holding company LRMR Ventures, which oversees James' and Carter's investments and business assets, according to a Dec. 20 news release.