trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/4l9sceb90w2rr-ms4ylaqq2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Report: IAG, AMMB Holdings planning to sell Malaysian insurance biz

Blog

Post-webinar Q&A: Speed and Scalability – Automation in Credit Risk Modeling

Case Study

A Chinese Bank Takes Steps to Minimize Risks as it Supports International Trade

Blog

Middle East Africa MA by the Numbers: Q3 2021

Blog

Banking Essentials Newsletter: November Edition 2021 - Part 2


Report: IAG, AMMB Holdings planning to sell Malaysian insurance biz

Australia-based Insurance Australia Group Ltd. and Malaysia-based AMMB Holdings Bhd. are seeking bids for AmGeneral Insurance Bhd., a general insurance business in Malaysia which the two companies co-own, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing people with knowledge of the matter.

There is reportedly no certainty that the plan will lead to a deal for AmGeneral Insurance, as the sellers will need to obtain approval from Malaysia's central bank to hold formal talks with any potential buyer.

AmGeneral Insurance is 49% owned by Insurance Australia Group, while AMMB Holdings owns the remaining 51% shares in the Malaysia-based motor insurer.