trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/49v5pdlz6ujsbq1ms8rudq2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Jollibee to invest $12.4M in Tortas Frontera

Blog

Industries Most and Least Impacted by COVID-19: A Market-Implied Probability of Default Perspective

Blog

Post-webinar Q&A: Global Credit Risk Trends 2021 and Beyond

Blog

Shore Capital is Now Available in S&P Global’s Aftermarket Research Collection

Video

S&P Capital IQ Pro | Powered by Advanced Visualization


Jollibee to invest $12.4M in Tortas Frontera

Philippines-based fast-food chain Jollibee Foods Corp. said Sept. 7 that it will invest $12.4 million in Tortas Frontera LLC, a Mexican restaurant business founded by Chicago chef Rick Bayless.

Under the deal, Jollibee will acquire a 47% stake in Tortas, while Bayless and other shareholders will hold the remaining 53% stake.

The investment and stake in Tortas will provide Jollibee the opportunity to enter the $45 billion Mexican restaurant market in the U.S.

The transaction is subject to closing conditions, which includes continued accuracy of representations and warranties, procurement of required consents and execution or amendment of certain related agreements.