S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a daily roundup of management and board changes in the bank and thrift industry. This feature excludes C-level leadership changes and stories previously covered by S&P Global Market Intelligence.
* Iselin, N.J.-based Provident Bank appointed Larry Favre to the newly created position of senior vice president and deputy lending officer in its lending division.
He previously served as senior vice president and senior credit officer at Wayne, N.J.-based Valley National Bank, a unit of Valley National Bancorp.
Provident Bank is a subsidiary of Provident Financial Services Inc.
* Norway Savings Bank promoted Deb McPhail to senior vice president of deposit operations from vice president of deposit operations.
The Norway, Maine-based bank is a unit of Norway Bancorp Inc, which, in turn, is a unit of Norway Bancorp MHC, SNL data shows.
* Northfield Bank promoted Eileen Bergin and Irene Greenman to senior vice president.
Bergin holds the titles of corporate secretary, in-house counsel and Community Reinvestment Act officer and also is responsible for corporate governance leadership. She joined the bank in 2009 as vice president of corporate governance.
Greenman joined the bank in 2010 as vice president of loan servicing.
The bank is a unit of Woodbridge, N.J.-based Northfield Bancorp Inc.
* Bank of Tampa named Nick Thurston senior vice president and market director, for the Plant City, Fla., market.
Thurston was regional president for Eastern Hillsborough and Pasco counties at Sunshine Bank.
Tampa, Fla.-based Bank of Tampa is a unit of Tampa Bay Banking Co.
* G. Robert Blanchard Jr., a director of CenterState Bank Corp. and subsidiary CenterState Bank NA, will not stand for re-election at the upcoming annual meeting of shareholders, which is scheduled for April 26. It will be the effective date of Blanchard's departure from the company's board.
The Winter Haven, Fla.-based company noted in a regulatory filing that Blanchard's dual service on both its board and the board of Bank of Tampa will be prohibited as of June 1 by the large bank provisions of the Federal Depository Institution Management Interlocks Act.
Blanchard serves as the chairman of WRB Enterprises Inc. and has been its president since 2002, SNL records show.
* Business First Bancshares Inc. formally appointed Jack Byrd Jr. to fill a vacant directorship on its board.
His initial term will expire at the 2018 annual meeting of the shareholders of the Baton Rouge, La.-based company. He was appointed as an advisory director to the company on Jan. 1, and also currently serves as a director of its subsidiary, Business First Bank.
Byrd was chairman, president and CEO of Minden Bancorp Inc., which was acquired by Business First Bancshares in 2018.
* Rodney Bullard and Gloria O'Neal were elected as directors of Atlanta-based Fidelity Southern Corp. and unit Fidelity Bank.
Bullard is vice president of community affairs of Chick-fil-A Inc. and executive director of Chick-fil-A Foundation.
O'Neal is a community activist and former Fidelity Bank risk control executive until 2014.
SNL is owned by S&P Global Market Intelligence.