This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* Real estate services provider Realogy Holdings Corp. unit Century 21 Real Estate LLC named Michael Miedler, its chief growth officer, as its new president and CEO, succeeding Nick Bailey, who will resign effective Jan. 11.
* Tejon Ranch Co. promoted Robert Velasquez from chief accounting officer to CFO, effective Jan. 1, replacing Allen Lyda, who is assuming the role of COO. The real estate and agribusiness company eliminated the chief accounting position.
* Commercial real estate services firm CBRE Group Inc. split the CFO and chief investment officer responsibilities, appointed Jim Groch as global group president and chief investment officer, and retained Korn Ferry as CFO until the appointment of a new person.
* CEO of cannabis industry service provider General Cannabis Corp. Robert Frichtel retired, and was replaced by Chairman Michael Feinsod on an interim basis.
* InnSuites Hospitality Trust CFO Vernon Moore resigned to pursue other accounting opportunities, following which the full-service hotel company named Craig Miller as principal accounting officer Jan. 7.
* The CFO and treasurer of Lamar Advertising Co., Keith Istre, who joined the outdoor advertising REIT as controller in 1978 and became CFO in 1989, will retire Dec. 31, 2019.
* Full-service real estate firm Newmark Grubb Zimmer appointed Mark Long president and CEO of the company, succeeding CEO Ellen Darling and President David Zimmer. Darling will serve as chairman and Zimmer as vice chairman of the board.
* Senior housing REIT New Senior Investment Group tapped independent director Robert Savage as its new chairman, effective Jan. 4, succeeding Wesley Edens.
* Manufactured homes producer Cavco Industries Inc. appointed former Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Prudential Financial Inc. Susan Blount as an independent director of the board.
* Realogy Holdings added Bryson Koehler, chief technology officer of Equifax Inc., to its board.
* LGI Homes Inc. added Laura Miller, senior vice president and global chief information officer at InterContinental Hotels Group PLC, to its board as a new independent director, increasing the homebuilder's board to seven members.
* Shopping center REIT Federal Realty Investment Trust named Mark Ordan, most recently chairman and CEO of Quality Care Properties Inc., to its board of trustees as an independent director, effective Feb. 1.
* Homeaid America named Chairman and CEO of Taylor Morrison Home Corp. Sheryl Palmer as the chairman of its board for the 2019-2020 term, succeeding Scott Stowell.
* Executive Vice President of Underwriting at diversified REIT STORE Capital Corp. Christopher Burbach will resign effective Feb. 28, to launch an investment strategy and indexing firm focused on the publicly traded net-lease real estate sector.
* Real estate services firm Colliers International Group Inc. hired Cody Cannon as executive managing director and market leader for its operations in the Greater Los Angeles region.
* General Cannabis Corp. promoted company controller Jessica Bast to vice president, and Hunter Garth and Cindy Gonzales to vice presidents of business development and marketing, respectively.
* Holliday Fenoglio Fowler LP added Dennis Mitchel and Matt Wirth as senior managing director and managing director, respectively, to be part of its national industrial investment advisory team. Both executives join from Colliers International.
* Commercial real estate services company Cushman & Wakefield PLC hired David Pergola and Brian Doherty from CBRE New England to its capital markets team, the Boston Business Journal reported.
* Boston Properties Inc. Senior Vice President of Development Michael Cantalupa is leaving the office REIT, with Senior Vice President of Leasing David Provost to fill the role. Vice President of Leasing Patrick Mulvihill will lead the leasing team, The Boston Business Journal reported.