S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* Al Statman joins independent investment banking partnership Ansonia Partners LLC as senior adviser. Statman will advise on investment banking transactions with a specific focus on Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regulated industries.
* The PJM Interconnection board on May 16 elected Ake Almgren as board chair to succeed retiring chair Howard Schneider. Neil Smith was also newly elected to the board, while John McNeely Foster and Sarah Rogers were re-elected to three-year terms as board members.
* SolarWorld Americas Inc. President and CEO Juergen Stein will transition to a full-time advisory position, effective May 14, as part of the company's preintegration management transition for its pending acquisition by SunPower Corp. Stein will be with the company until June 30. John Boken, senior managing director with Zolfo Cooper LLC and SolarWorld Americas board member, will take over as interim CEO.
* Proserv Group Inc. CEO David Lamont will be stepping down as part of the company's restructuring, following the acquisition by KKR & Co. LP and Oaktree Capital Management LP. David Currie, who held positions as CEO of JDR Cable Systems and U.K. president for Aker Solutions, will assume the role.
* Sunworks Inc. appointed Stanley Speer to be an independent director, effective May 14, increasing the number of board members to five. Speer will serve as chair of the audit committee.
* American Electric Power Co. Inc. has named Malcolm Smoak as president and COO of its Southwestern Electric Power Co. utility, effective May 14.
* Duke Energy Corp. named its current Ohio and Kentucky state president Jim Henning as the company's senior vice president of customer services. Henning succeeds Gayle Lanier who retired in April. Amy Spiller will succeed Henning as president of Duke Energy Ohio Inc. and Duke Energy Kentucky Inc. She currently serves as vice president of Ohio government and community affairs.
* The board of Oklahoma-based oil driller Continental Resources Inc. elected Shelly Lambertz to the board to serve as a Class II director, effective immediately after the company's 2018 annual shareholder meeting. Lambertz succeeds James Gallogly, who resigned from his post, effective after the shareholder meeting.
* Petroleum and natural gas driller Range Resources Corp. named Mark Scucchi senior vice president and CFO, replacing former CFO Roger Manny, who retired from his post, effective May 16.
* Western Gas Partners LP and Western Gas Equity Partners LP named Gennifer Kelly the new senior vice president and COO of the partnerships. Kelly was also named by Western Gas Holdings LLC as the senior vice president and COO of the holding company.