S&P Global Market Intelligence offers our top picks of global private equity news stories and more published throughout the week.
Exterior of the Salesforce.com building in San Mateo, Calif.
* A Permira Advisers Ltd. affiliate is buying life sciences company Cambrex Corp. in a cash deal valued at about $2.4 billion, including net debt. The transaction is scheduled for a fourth-quarter close.
* Francisco Partners Management LP is selling field service management solutions and optimization technology company ClickSoftware Technologies Ltd. to Salesforce.com Inc. for an enterprise value of $1.4 billion.
* KKR & Co. is buying a majority stake in German full-service payment provider heidelpay Group from AnaCap Financial Partners LLP.
* CVC Capital Partners Ltd. is poised to acquire a 50% stake in Italian online university owner Multiversity.
* Altamont Capital Partners LLC agreed to purchase Topa Insurance Group from Topa Equities Ltd. for an undisclosed sum.
* IK Investment Partners agreed to sell Danish thermal validation services and solutions provider sell Ellab A/S to EQT Partners AB.
* A unit of Blackstone Group Inc. acquired a minority stake in fellow private equity firm BC Partners. The Wall Street Journal, citing people familiar with the matter, reported that Blackstone is investing €500 million for the stake.
* Blackstone is also set to buy the remaining 50% stake it did not already own in Indiabulls Real Estate Ltd.'s commercial properties for about 48 billion Indian rupees, The Economic Times of India reported, citing three people with knowledge of the matter.
* The firm is also poised to take a 37.5% stake in India-based engineering and medical test-preparation company Aakash Educational Services Ltd. for up to 13 billion rupees from the Chaudhry family, The Times of India reported, citing two sources familiar with the development.
Workers remove Dixi transportable toilet cabins after a protest rally in Hanover, Germany.
* Carlyle Group LP and Bain Capital LP were among the shortlisted bidders for a stake in South Korean water purifier rental company Woongjin Coway Co. Ltd., Reuters reported, citing a report from the Korea Economic Daily.
* Catalyst Capital Group is offering to buy an approximate 10.75% stake in Hudson's Bay Co. for about C$200 million, an increase from its initial bid for a roughly 8.06% stake in the department store chain for about C$150 million.
* Apax Partners LLP-managed funds reached a deal to acquire a majority stake in ADCO Umweltdienste Holding GmbH, which operates the DIXI and TOI TOI portable toilet brands.
* Smartphone protective case maker ZAGG Inc. engaged Bank of America Corp. to aid in its strategic review after attracting buyout interest from private equity buyers, Reuters reported, citing a statement from CEO Chris Ahern.
* Warburg Pincus LLC is considering selling Accelya Holding World in a transaction that could value the Spanish airline services provider at as much as €1.5 billion, two sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
* Lovell Minnick Partners LLC agreed to divest its stake in insurance broker Worldwide Facilities LLC to Genstar Capital LLC.
* An affiliate of Hackman Capital Partners LLC paid $650 million to acquire TV studio platform The MBS Group from Carlyle.
* Trinity Hunt Partners LP purchased forensic engineering company Wexco International Corp. for an undisclosed sum.
* Brookfield Asset Management Inc. raised approximately $1.60 billion for an infrastructure fund.
* KKR surpassed the $1 billion target for its first global impact fund, a person with knowledge of the matter told Bloomberg News.
Banking US banks trading at lowest price-to-adjusted tangible book value in July
Energy US power generators reporting savings, other benefits from phasing out coal
ESG Growth in electric-fracking fleets stunted by tight producer budgets
Fintech 1 year after IPO, GreenSky could seek sale at stock's all-time low
Healthcare Novartis CEO eyeing RNA landscape for M&A to expand research 'gameboard'
Insurance Auto insurance to remain near-term driver of US P&C industry results
Metals Nickel Mines eyes ASX 300 as new electric vehicle battery opportunity looms
Private equity Refinitiv sale to LSE marks top global deal involving private equity in 2019
Real estate Demand for new nontraded REIT products accelerating, JLL exec says
Retail, consumer products, gaming and leisure Protests pile pressure on Hong Kong luxury retail sales
Technology, media and telecommunications As 5G networks roll, carriers eye edge computing as new service