S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overview of board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Eurasian Bank JSC said Alijan Ibragimov was dismissed from the lender's board of directors, while Shukhrat Ibragimov was appointed to the board as a new member.
* PJSC Bank ALEKSANDROVSK said its shareholders decided to exclude Dmitry Istyufeev and Eduard Batanov from the board of directors and appointed Viktor Kononov and Sergey Gavrilov to join the board.
* Virgin Money Holdings (UK) Plc said Eva Eisenschimmel and Darren Pope will join the company's board as independent nonexecutive directors on Jan. 25 and March 1, respectively.
* Turkish banker Engin Akçakoca was elected chairman of the supervisory board at recently nationalized PAO KB Privatbank.
* Nationwide Building Society appointed Usha Prashar independent nonexecutive director, with immediate effect. Prashar is a member of the European Union Select Committee and chairman of the House of Lords European Union Home Affairs Sub-Committee. She is also deputy chair of the British Council.
* Legal & General Group Plc appointed Legal & General Retirement CEO Kerrigan Procter group executive director, with effect from March 9.
* Luzerner Kantonalbank AG named Doris Schurter to chair its board, succeeding Mark Bachmann. Schurter, who has been a member of the bank's board since 2010, also sits on the boards of several other companies, including insurance group Helvetia Holding AG. Bachmann will step down after the bank's April 12 annual general meeting, having served as a board member since 2005 and as chairman since 2011. The bank also named marketing strategist Stefan Portmann to its board as a new member.
* Novae Group Plc named named Reeken Patel group CFO and an executive director, subject to regulatory approval.
* The board of directors of Società Cattolica di Assicurazione - SC named Chiara de' Stefani and Nerino Chemello independent nonexecutive directors. Stefani and Chemello replace Luigi Baraggia and Anna Tosolini, who resigned. Stefani is a member of the board of SIT SpA as well as of the board of Lombarda Vita SpA. Chemello serves as deputy chairman of BCC Vita SpA.
* Insurance holding company Generali CEE Holding BV appointed former Ceská národní banka Governor Miroslav Singer as chairman of the supervisory board at Generali subsidiary Ceská pojištovna a.s. Singer ended his tenure with the Czech central bank at the end of June 2016 and was replaced by Jirí Rusnok.
* Panmure Gordon & Co. Plc said board director Philip Tansey intends to step down from Jan. 31 and will resign as CFO on March 31.
* PJSC Universal Bank said Vadim Fesenko, Anatoliy Maksyuta and Valentina Nikitenko were appointed to its supervisory board. Fesenko represents the lender's shareholder, Bailican Ltd., while Maksyuta and Nikitenko joined the board as independent members.
* Renata Jungo Brüngger was appointed to Munich Re's supervisory board, effective Jan. 3, succeeding Wolfgang Mayrhuber, who resigned Dec. 31, 2016. Brüngger has been a member of the management board of Daimler AG since Jan. 1, 2016, with responsibility for integrity and legal affairs.