This feature rounds up venture capital news and highlights larger deal coverage already published.
* Digital cell biology company Berkeley Lights Inc. secured $95 million in a financing led by Nikon Corp. and joined by existing investors Sequoia Capital, Walden Riverwood Ventures, Black Diamond Ventures LLC and Paxion Capital LP. Newcomers Cota Capital Management LLC, KTB Network Co. Ltd., Atinum Investment Co. Ltd, Shangbay Capital LLC, AJS BioTree Healthcare Fund and Varian Medical Systems Inc. also participated.
* Garrison Technology Ltd., an ultra-secure web browser provider, raised $30 million in a funding round led by Dawn Capital LLP that included returning backers IP Group PLC; Business Growth Fund PLC, or BGF; and NM Capital.
* PERQ LLC, which provides an online guided shopping solution to improve website conversion, raised $5 million in its latest funding round led by Elevate Ventures. Other participants included nine other Indianapolis-based angel investors and investment groups, including Collina Ventures LLC, former T2 Systems executives, former ExactTarget chief marketing officer Tim Kopp and One Click Ventures co-founders.
* A seed financing led by Sierra Ventures raised $3.2 million for digital pathology startup Deep Lens Inc., with participation from Rev1 Ventures and Tamarind Hill Fund LLC.
* Triumph Research Intelligence Ltd., or TRI, which offers risk-based monitoring solutions for clinical trials, closed its growth capital funding round through Octopus Investments Ltd.
Glilot Capital attracts US$110M for 3rd investment fund
Updata Partners to raise $300M for new IT fund