S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive changes at pharmaceutical, biotech and life sciences companies.
* Astellas Pharma Inc. promoted Bernhardt Zeiher to the position of chief medical officer. Zeiher will continue as president of development while also overseeing all other functions of Astellas' medical and development organization.
* Akari Therapeutics PLC said CEO and director David Solomon resigned following an internal investigation that revealed he used the company's credit card for personal use.
* Acceleron Pharma Inc. promoted John Quisel to the position of executive vice president, chief business officer and secretary.
* Five Prime Therapeutics Inc. appointed Bryan Irving as executive vice president and chief scientific officer.
* Anatara Lifesciences Ltd. said Mel Bridges retired as CEO. Tracie Ramsdale, an executive director of the company, was named interim CEO.
* Rezolute Inc., formerly known as AntriaBio Inc., appointed Keith Vendola as CFO.
* Abattis Bioceuticals Corp. named Kent McParland CFO and COO. McParland replaces CFO David Whitney and COO Rene David.
* Joseph Yanchik III resigned as president, CEO and director of Aileron Therapeutics Inc.
* Altimmune Inc. said Elizabeth Czerepak resigned as the company's CFO and executive vice president of corporate development. Czerepak, who also performed the functions of the company's principal accounting officer, left to pursue other opportunities. The company named Will Brown as acting CFO and principal accounting officer until a replacement is found.
* Osiris Therapeutics Inc. said Linda Chang resigned as the company's CFO. The Columbia, Md.-based maker of regenerative medicine named Joel Rogers interim CFO.