S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a summary of ratings actions on Asia-Pacific financial institutions and economies. Ratings actions are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* S&P Global Ratings placed the BB+ long-term issuer credit rating of Arab Bank Australia Ltd. on CreditWatch with developing implications and affirmed the bank's short-term issuer credit rating at B.
* Fitch Ratings downgraded CGS-CIMB Securities (Thailand) Co. Ltd.'s national long-term rating to AA-(tha) from AA(tha) and placed all the company's ratings on Rating Watch Negative.
* Fitch affirmed New Zealand's long-term foreign- and local-currency issuer default rating at AA and AA+, with a stable outlook.
* Fitch raised Macau's long-term foreign-currency issuer default rating to AA from AA- with a stable outlook, on robust external finances and improved growth performance in 2017.
* Fitch affirmed Malaysian Reinsurance Bhd.'s insurer financial strength rating at A- (Strong) with a stable outlook.
* Fitch affirmed the issuer default ratings of leasing subsidiaries of Chinese banks. The affirmed leasing units are ICBC Financial Leasing Co. Ltd., ICBCIL Finance Co. Ltd., Bank of Communications Financial Leasing Co. Ltd., Bocom Leasing Development Hong Kong Co. Ltd., CDB Leasing Co. Ltd. and CCB Financial Leasing Corp. Ltd. The outlooks are stable.
S&P Global Ratings and S&P Global Market Intelligence are owned by S&P Global Inc.