trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/06aaxtpmp3-fe4-6fob6oa2 content esgSubNav
In This List

ExGen shares surge on release of maiden resource for Empire copper project

Blog

European Energy Insights - May 2021

Blog

Metals & Mining Insights May 2021

Blog

Corporate Credit Risk Trends in Developing Markets An Expected Credit Loss ECL Perspective

Blog

Highlighting the Top Regional Aftermarket Research Brokers by Sector Coverage


ExGen shares surge on release of maiden resource for Empire copper project

ExGen Resources Inc.'s shares surged by 50% on Aug. 13 after it announced a maiden National Instrument 43-101-compliant resource for the Empire copper project in Idaho.

ExGen holds a 20% interest in the property, with Phoenix Global Mining Ltd. owning the remaining 80% stake. The company also has a 2.5% net smelter royalty on Empire and is Phoenix Global's largest shareholder.

The project hosts measured resources of 3.3 million tonnes at 0.53% copper containing 17,472 tonnes of copper, and indicated resources of 7.1 million tonnes at 0.51% copper containing 36,327 tonnes of copper.

Inferred resources, meanwhile, total 9.0 million tonnes at 0.41% copper for 36,749 tonnes of copper.

ExGen CEO Jason Riley said the estimate exceeded the company's expectations, with over 53% of the resource categorized as measured and indicated.

"We look forward to the results from Phoenix's aggressive 12,200-meter drilling program this summer and work towards a feasibility study by [the second quarter of] 2019," he said.