GULF COOPERATION COUNCIL
* Moody's said recent M&A deals among banks in the GCC will likely ease the sector's overcapacity and improve lenders' profitability via synergies and increased pricing power.
* Qatar National Bank QPSC
* Emirates NBD Bank PJSC posted full-year 2018 group profit attributable to equity holders of 10.04 billion United Arab Emirates dirhams, up from 8.35 billion dirhams a year ago.
* First Abu Dhabi Bank PJSC
* Nasdaq Dubai Ltd.
* FADB unit First Abu Dhabi Investment Saudi Co. is seeking approval from the Capital Markets Authority of Saudi Arabia to change its name to FAB Capital.
* Buruj Cooperative Insurance Co.'s shareholders
* Bank Muscat SAOG posted unaudited preliminary full-year 2018 net profit of 179.6 million Omani rials, up 1.6% from 176.8 million rials in 2017.
* Kuwait Finance House KSCP
* Kuwait's Capital Markets Authority renewed the brokerage license of First Securities Brokerage
* BBK BSC
EAST AND WEST AFRICA
* Kenyan lawmaker Moses Kuria has proposed to allow borrowers to negotiate risk-based loan interest rates of up to 6 percentage points above the existing cap, in a bid to spur lending amid a slowdown that followed the measure, Bloomberg News wrote.
* The assets and liabilities of Bank M Tanzania PLC
* The merger between Access Bank PLC and Diamond Bank PLC has received an approval in principle from the Nigerian central bank and the Securities and Exchange Commission, Premium Times reported, citing Victor Etuokwu, Access Bank executive director for personal banking. Etuokwu added that the deal is now only awaiting final approval, which would be given after a shareholders' meeting.
* Nigerian Stock Exchange
CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN AFRICA
* Absa Group Ltd.
* Old Mutual Investment Group bought a 4.96% stake in FMB Capital Holdings Plc
* The U.K. Financial Conduct Authority has scrapped a criminal investigation into Credit Suisse Group AG in relation to alleged fraudulent activities in Mozambique, Reuters reported. FCA head Andrew Bailey told lawmakers that the regulator has no mandate to prosecute under Britain's anti-bribery law, but that the regulator continues to probe the bank and individuals for any conduct rule violation.
* Responding to a growing number of complaints from customers, the management of Banco de Poupança e Crédito SA
IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD
Asia-Pacific: China denies delaying Mastercard, Visa entry; fund manager sells IOOF stake
Europe: MPS shares suspended; Swiss Re sees $1B nat cat claims burden; Tandem eyes IPO
Latin America: BNDES freezes advertising spending; Bradesco reshuffles management
North America: JPMorgan's Q4'18 EPS below consensus; PNC Bank buying Ambassador Financial
Global Insurance: UnitedHealth revenues up; Swiss Re sees $1B cat burden; new Lexington structure
Deza Mones, Henni Abdelghani, Pádraig Belton and Mariana Aldano contributed to this report.
The Daily Dose Middle East and Africa has an editorial deadline of 4 a.m. London time. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.
This S&P Global Market Intelligence news article may contain information about credit ratings issued by S&P Global Ratings. Descriptions in this news article were not prepared by S&P Global Ratings.