S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a biweekly rundown of executive and board changes in the European media and communications industries.
* Facebook Inc. restructured its senior management team for Germany, Austria and Switzerland, following the departure of director Marianne Bullwinkel, according to a March 31 news release. Henner Blömer, Kai Herzberger, Oliver Busch and Jin Choi will split the responsibility for the region, and will report to Martin Ott, Facebook vice president and managing director for central Europe.
* Former Ericsson AB CEO Hans Vestberg will head one of Verizon Communications Inc.'s units focusing on fiber networks, Affärsvärlden reported March 31. Vestberg was president and CEO of Ericsson from 2010 to 2016.
* British Telecom appointed David Wallace to head the company's public sector business in Scotland, according to a March 27 news release. Wallace will lead a 15-person team focusing on local relationships and driving business with Scottish agencies. BT expects to increase its market share in Scotland.
Media industry moves
* Three new appointments have been made to the senior editorial team at Elle, CB News reported April 2. Geneve Doherty has been appointed artistic director, Brune de Margerie as fashion editor and Sophie Lamare as image director.
* The CEO of Danish media group Aller Media, Pål Thore Krosby, has decided to leave the company, according to a March 30 news release. Lars Sander Matjeka, who is currently CEO of Aller Media subsidiary Datagraf Communications, has been appointed CEO of Aller Media.
* Euronews appointed Myriam Vergne as sales director for Europe, the Middle East and Africa as part of the Euronews Next strategic plan, the company said March 26. Vergne previously served as sales director of the Economist brands at the Economist Group Ltd. She will be based in the Paris office of Euronews, effective April 3.
* Former Sky plc commissioner James Quinn is joining production company Maverick TV as its creative director, effective April, Broadcast reported March 23. Quinn is expected to lead the All3Media Ltd. unit in producing factual and factual entertainment programs. All3Media Limited is a joint venture between Liberty Global and Discovery Communications Inc.
Communications industry moves
* Luis Nascimento is stepping down as a director on PT Portugal's board, Telecompaper reported April 3, citing Dinheiro Vivo. Nascimento is reportedly leaving the company for personal reasons. Altice NV owns PT Portugal.
* MySports, by Swiss cable network UPC Schweiz, appointed Steffi Buchli as director of programming and presenter, according to an April 3 news release. She joins UPC from Swiss Television. Liberty Global plc owns UPC Schweiz.
* Ericsson revamped its management, the company said March 28. With the two-tiered leadership structure removed, and a single executive team formed instead. In addition, the geographical setup with 10 regions will become five market areas, and the business areas are redefined and reduced to three. Per Borgklint, Anders Lindblad, Jean-Philippe Poirault and Charlotta Sund will all leave the executive leadership team effective April 1.