trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/-9A3AXrMAw1urWwSvrhKQA2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

UniCredit offloads €6B worth of soured debt to securitization vehicle Prisma

Street Talk - Ep. 64: Coronavirus jumpstarts digital adoption

Street Talk Podcast

Street Talk - Ep. 63: Deal talks continue amid bank M&A freeze, setting up for strong Q4

Street Talk Podcast

Street Talk - Ep. 62: 'Brutal' outlook for oil demand offers banks in oil patch no relief

Amid Q1 APAC Fintech Funding Slump, Payment Companies Drove Investments

UniCredit offloads €6B worth of soured debt to securitization vehicle Prisma

UniCredit SpA sold a €6.06 billion portfolio of nonperforming loans to securitization vehicle Prisma, according to a release from Scope Ratings.

The rating agency said the loans were transferred to Prisma on Oct. 11. The portfolio mainly consists of home mortgages: 64% of the portfolio is made up of secured loans and the remaining 36% of unsecured loans.

Prisma structured the transaction in three classes of notes — senior class A, mezzanine class B and junior class J — with fully sequential principal amortization. The class A and B notes carry a floating-rate coupon based on the euro interbank offered rate plus a margin of 1.5% for the former and 9.0% for the latter. Meanwhile, the class J notes' principal and interest are subordinated to the repayment of the class A and B notes.

Scope assigned a final rating of BBB+ to the class A notes totaling €1.21 billion and gave the class B notes, totaling €80 million, a final rating of B-. The class J notes, totaling €30 million, were not rated by the agency.

The notes are structured under the requirements of the Italian government's guarantee on securitization of bank nonperforming loans, or GACS, which banks can tap to wrap senior notes in bad loan securitization deals.

The move is the latest in UniCredit's ramped up efforts to reduce the amount of bad debt it holds. Since June, the Italian lender has off-loaded multiple portfolios of soured debt to the tune of roughly €2.3 billion.