S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of high-level executive and director changes in the global technology, media and communications industries.
Yelp CFO David Schwarzbach
* Yelp Inc. appointed David Schwarzbach CFO of the company. He replaces James Miln, who was named Yelp's interim CFO in September 2019 after the departure of Charles Baker. The company also appointed Christine Barone, CEO of True Food Kitchen, to its board of directors.
* Nielsen Holdings PLC appointed Thomas Castro and Janice Marinelli directors of the company. Marinelli was president of global content sales and distribution, direct-to-consumer and international at The Walt Disney Co. from March 2018 to July 2019. Castro has been president and CEO of private equity investment firm El Dorado Capital LLC since December 2008.
* TEGNA Inc. appointed Karen Grimes an independent director of the company. Grimes most recently was team leader and equity portfolio manager for Wellington Management Group LLP's Global and U.S. Value Strategies.
* TA Associates Management LP executives Morgan Seigler and Stefan Dandl will join the board of Metropress Ltd., following the latter's sale to the private equity firm. Seigler and Dandl are managing director and a senior vice president, respectively, at TA Associates.
* Richard Jalkut is retiring as CEO and chairman of U.S. TelePacific Holdings Corp. following the company's sale to private equity firm Siris Capital Group LLC. Joseph Cozzolino, executive partner at Siris, will join the company as executive chairman and interim CEO, while Brent Novak will become its CFO, succeeding Tim Medina who is stepping down. Greg Daily will assume the newly created role of chief revenue officer.
Europe, Middle East and Africa
* Jakob Mejlhede Andersen is stepping down as CEO of Nordic Entertainment Group AB's NENT Studios U.K. The company has yet to name Andersen's successor.
* VEON named Viktor Biryukov interim CEO of its Russian mobile operator subsidiary Beeline, Digital TV Europe reported. Biryukov is concurrently Beeline's executive vice president of legal affairs and corporate relations.
* U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson appointed Oliver Dowden secretary of state for digital, culture, media and sport. Caroline Dinenage will become minister of state for digital and culture. John Whittingdale will be minister of state for media and data, and Matt Warman will become parliamentary undersecretary of state for digital infrastructure.
* In more VEON news, the company appointed Sergi Herrero and Kaan Terzioğlu co-CEOs of the company, effective March 1. Ursula Burns, appointed executive chairman of VEON in July 2017 and CEO in December 2018, will remain as VEON's chairman. Herrero and Terzioğlu will become co-CEOs after serving as VEON's joint COOs for four months.
* Dirk Wössner, board member for Germany at Deutsche Telekom AG and managing director of the latter's Telekom Deutschland GmbH unit, will leave both roles when his contract expires Dec. 31. Wössner will become management board chairman and CEO at CompuGroup Medical SE by Jan. 1, 2021, at the latest, replacing Frank Gotthardt, who will become the e-health company's supervisory board chairman.
* HKBN Ltd. appointed Samuel Hui in a newly created role of chief transformation officer of the company. Hui will be responsible for driving the company's digital transformation, enhancing customer experiences and helping enterprise partners transform digitally.
* ViacomCBS Networks International will merge its Australian sales teams, including Network 10 and subscription brands MTV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr. and their related digital and event properties, World Screen reported. The merged team will be led by Rod Prosser, who will become chief sales officer for Network 10 and ViacomCBS Inc.
* News Corp. subsidiary Foxtel Cable Television Pty Ltd. said two of its senior executives, Les Wigan and Lesley Portwain, will move into newly created roles reporting to CEO Patrick Delany. Wigan will be executive director of operations and technology, Foxtel Group, while Portwain will become the company's chief customer service officer.
Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.