S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of high-level executive and director changes in the global technology, media and communications industries.
Ambassador Robert Kimmitt
* AT&T Inc.'s WarnerMedia unit named Jason Kilar as its CEO, effective May 1. Kilar, who was CEO of Hulu LLC from its start in 2007 until 2013, succeeds AT&T's President and COO John Stankey in the role.
* Facebook Inc. appointed former U.S. Deputy Secretary of the Treasury and Ambassador to Germany Robert Kimmitt to the company's board as lead independent director. Kimmitt succeeds Susan Desmond-Hellmann, who stepped down as lead independent director of Facebook in October 2019.
* Lions Gate Entertainment Corp. laid off 15 to 20 employees across the entire company as part of a restructuring, The Hollywood Reporter reported. A number of employees within the film marketing and distribution team were reportedly laid off. No other layoffs are planned.
* Professional Diversity Network Inc. appointed director Hao Zhang as its new chairman. Cosmic Forward Ltd, Professional Diversity Network's largest shareholder, nominated Zhang to the role.
* Anthony Evers replaced Brian Speck as CFO of Surge Holdings Inc. Speck will continue as a consultant to the company. Evers most recently was CFO of Vista Health System LLC.
* Aerkomm Inc. appointed James Busuttil and Louis Giordimaina to the posts of chairman and CEO, respectively. Jeffrey Wun, who was most recently CEO, was appointed chief technology officer of the company. Georges Caldironi was promoted to replace Giordimaina as COO.
* Amy Listerman stepped down as CFO of Fox News Media to pursue new opportunities, Variety reported, citing an internal memo. Joe Dorrego will replace Listerman as CFO while also serving as COO at Fox News Media. He will also remain chief investor relations officer at Fox News Media's parent company Fox Corp.
* WideOpenWest Inc. appointed Chief Information Officer Bill Case as acting chief executive after CEO Teresa Elder was hospitalized after contracting the coronavirus. Chairman Jeff Marcus will temporarily assume the role of executive chairman.
* Quebecor Inc. temporarily laid off 10% of its workforce after the Québec government ordered nonessential businesses to close amid the coronavirus outbreak.
* McClatchy Co. approved Peter Farr's appointment as its CFO. Farr will also continue in his role as the company's accounting chief. He succeeds Elaine Lintecum, who will become special adviser to CEO Craig Forman until her retirement on June 30.
* AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc.'s AMC Theatres furloughed 600 corporate employees, including CEO Adam Aron, after the coronavirus pandemic forced the company to shut down its locations.
* RealNetworks Inc. appointed Judd Lee as the company's CFO and treasurer, effective early in the second quarter. He will succeed Mike Ensing, who began serving as interim CFO on Feb. 14.
* Shaw Communications Inc. founder, executive chair and former CEO JR Shaw died. Brad Shaw will be executive chair on an interim basis in addition to serving as CEO.
Europe, Middle East and Africa
* ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE CEO Max Conze stepped down amid the media company's plan to refocus its operations on the entertainment sector in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
* South African operator Vodacom Group Ltd. appointed Khumo Shuenyane as an independent nonexecutive director, effective July 21.
* Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin appointed Andrei Lipov as head of the Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology and Mass Media, UrduPoint News reported, citing a published decree. Alexander Zharov, the former head of the Russian media regulator, was recently appointed as CEO of JSC Gazprom-media Holding Holding.
* Bulgarian pay TV operator Bulsatcom named Stanislav Georgiev its new CEO, Broadband TV News reported.
* Telenor ASA named Tone Bachke CFO, effective May 1. The company also appointed Jørgen Arentz Rostrup head of its Asian operations, effective the same date.
* Telenor ASA named new chief executives for two of its units in Asia, effective April 1. The Norwegian telecom operator appointed Jon Omund Revhaug the new CEO of Telenor Myanmar Ltd. Revhaug will take over the post vacated by Sharad Mehrotra, who was named chief executive of Telenor's Thailand-based unit Total Access Communication PCL, or dtac.
* Beijing ByteDance Technology Co. Ltd. appointed new heads for its Chinese business. Kelly Zhang, chief executive of TikTok Inc.'s Chinese counterpart Douyin, will become CEO of ByteDance China. Meanwhile, Lidong Zhang has been named chairman.
* KT Corp. appointed Hyeon-Mo Ku as a representative director and CEO of the company. The appointment was approved by the company's shareholders during a March 30 shareholder meeting. The South Korean telco's board previously nominated Ku to become its next CEO in December 2019.
* Kakao Corp. reappointed Kim Beom-su as chairman and Yeo Min-soo and Cho Soo-yong as co-CEOs during a March 25 general shareholders meeting, The Korea Times reported.
* China Telecom Corp. Ltd. appointed Li Zhengmao president and COO. Li takes over the roles from Chairman and CEO Ke Ruiwen.
* Salesforce.com inc. hired Arundhati Bhattacharya to lead its India operations. Bhattacharya will take over as chairperson and CEO of Salesforce.com India Pvt. Ltd on April 20.
* Bibhu Prasad Rath will step down as CEO of Ortel Communications Ltd., effective April 3, the company disclosed in a regulatory filing.
* Zee Media Corporation Ltd. approved the appointment of Amitabh Kumar as an additional director in the category of nonexecutive, nonindependent director, effective March 26.