latest-news-headlines Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/latest-news-headlines/aker-bp-makes-gas-discovery-in-skarv-field-in-norwegian-north-sea-57949852 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

In This List

Aker BP makes gas discovery in Skarv field in Norwegian North Sea

Essential Energy Insights - May 14, 2020

Credit Risk: Identifying Early Warning Signals In The Oil And Gas Industry

Stress Testing Energy Companies in the Current Environment

Infographic Solar Power by the Numbers The US Canada and Mexico


Aker BP makes gas discovery in Skarv field in Norwegian North Sea

Aker BP ASA made a minor gas discovery through a wildcat well in the Skarv field in Production License 1008 in the Norwegian North Sea, according to an April 6 news release from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate.

Well 6506/5-1 S was drilled by the Deepsea Nordkapp to a measured depth of 3,225 meters and a vertical depth of 3,166 meters below sea level. The well encountered a total gas column of about 15 meters in the Lysing Formation. While the well was not formation tested, extensive data was acquired and sampling was conducted. The well was temporarily plugged and abandoned.

The Deepsea Nordkapp drilling facility will now move to drill observation well 25/4-K-7 H in the Alvheim field, which is operated by Aker BP.

Aker BP operates Production License 1008 with a 60% interest, while Wellesley Petroleum AS holds the remaining 40%.