With OPEC announcing cuts to crude production, oil prices remaining low, and global markets facing geopolitical uncertainties, how do you monitor and mitigate credit risk in the oil and gas sector?
Join our virtual roundtable to hear three U.S. oil and gas credit professionals from Shell, Motiva, and S&P Global Market Intelligence discuss methods for monitoring industry changes and their impact on creditworthiness of your portfolios and counterparties.
This presentation will discuss:
- Cuts to OPEC supply and the impact of geopolitical risk
- The impact of low oil prices on operations and credit
- Pressures from tight capital markets and capital discipline
- The ripple effects of defaults and distressed companies
- Surveillance of industry players anticipating credit loss
Then hear about credit modeling, monitoring strategies, and how to identify the early warning signals of credit quality deterioration. Roundtable participants will discuss how they track probabilities of default and implied ratings, conduct private company credit analysis, and relative risk assessments.