Diversity & Inclusion
VALOR: Veterans and Allies Leading for Organizational Results
S&P Global’s Partnership with American Corporate Partners
American Corporate Partners (ACP) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to assist veterans in their transition from the military to the civilian workplace.
In this video, S&P Global's Michael Mell and Shaun Wurzbach (Co-founder of VALOR) are joined by Timothy Cochrane (President of the ACP Citizens Program) and Kevin R. Flike (ACP alumni and founder of Wounded by War) to discuss our partnership with ACP and the impact that ACP has on veterans and their families.
S&P Global's Impact:
- Since 2016, 99 veterans have received mentorship from 73 S&P Global Mentors.
- As of November 2018, there are 36 active S&P Global mentorships.
- Since 2016, 26 veteran Protégés have noted obtaining employment during their S&P Global mentorships.
What veteran protégés say about the program…
- 73% refined civilian career goals and professional ambitions
- 60% learned the language and culture of Corporate America
- 60% improved résumé and interview skills
- 57% built a network of professionals
- 100% would recommend ACP to a fellow veteran
What mentors say about the program…
- 100% are glad S&P Global is participating
- 100% would recommend ACP to a colleague
- 100% would participate again
Partners with organizations such as Prospanica and Proud to Be Latina on mutually beneficial talent sourcing and professional development opportunities.
Partners with Community Business to host our Cultural Acumen series: Asia-Pacific country overviews discussing local market trends, cultural dynamics, and best ways to build inclusion in the workplace.
Offers the Breakfast with BOLD and Leader of Color series, designed to provide members with access to the firm’s leadership team to help create a platform for networking, sharing of knowledge and the creation of opportunities.
Features the Connections Program, which pairs working parents at S&P Global with each other for sharing of advice, experiences and lessons learned from being a parent while managing a successful career.
Partners with organizations such as YAI, National Organization on Disability (NOD), and Disability:IN to share best practices around inclusion.
Sponsors Pink Dot Hong Kong, an all-inclusive event advocating for diversity and love equality.
Hosts the annual Follow the Sun flagship event on one day each year that connects employees across its 25+ chapters with professional development programming and inspirational speakers to celebrate the global community of WINS.
For more information or to provide feedback, please contact:email@example.com