About this Episode
Mona Naqvi, Head of ESG Product Strategy, North America at S&P Dow Jones Indices, joins The Essential Podcast to discuss the issue of intersectionality for investment strategy, the difference between engagement and divestment, and the challenge of social measurement.
The Essential Podcast from S&P Global is dedicated to sharing essential intelligence with those working in and affected by financial markets. Host Nathan Hunt focuses on those issues of immediate importance to global financial markets – macroeconomic trends, the credit cycle, climate risk, energy transition, and global trade – in interviews with subject matter experts from around the world.
Read the research discussed in this episode:
- Read "Who’s In? Who’s Out? Walmart & Twitter Dropped from the S&P 500 ESG Index, among Other Major Changes," Mona's latest article on ESG investing.
- Read "Two Birds, One Stone: How the S&P Paris-Aligned Climate Index Concept Meets the Proposed EU Climate Benchmark Regulation and the Recommendations of the TCFD," Mona's analysis on how the new S&P Paris-Aligned Climate (PAC) Index Concept now offers a powerful tool to address the minimum EU standards for a Paris-aligned benchmark and the recommendations of the TCFD.
- CNBC’s Bob Pisani talked the latest on top trends in the ETF industry with Mona, on June 1. Watch the the interview here.
- Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors are of dramatically increasing interest to investors who are concerned about companies adopting practices that will mitigate risk and ensure their long-term sustainability. As a result, ESG risks and opportunities are increasingly shaping the way companies do business around the globe. But how important is gender in ESG? Listen to S&P Global's Change Pays podcast to hear Mona's insights.
- With knowledgeable industry contributors, S&P Dow Jones Indices'Indexology Blog delivers more than fundamentals on how indices are conceived, constructed, and used in the marketplace. Indexology features posts, reports, performance, and discussions from thought leaders across S&P DJI as well as guest posts from renowned, subject matter professionals. As a forum for expressing various views and thoughts on indexing, Indexology provides insightful research and a look at market, political, and economic events through the lens of S&P DJI's index data.
The Essential Podcast is edited and produced by Molly Mintz.